2005 Honda Accord Consumer Review: "The car that nobody wants"

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

"The car that nobody wants"
By Warney on

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2005 Accord LX Coupe 2.4l equipped with the 5-speed manual transmission, "the car that nobody wants" according to multiple dealers I visited. I am 6'5" and 220 lbs and can't fit in an EX, the sunroof scrapes my head. Plenty of headroom in the LX. Tilt/telescopic wheel with lighted controls is great! Ordering a car from Honda is not easy, don't believe the brochures on color choice. For $18,325 I got a safe car that will last a long time, offers a good balance of power, sportiness, quality, roominess, and economy. Car is incredibly quiet and I expect many years of trouble free service from it. Many thoughtful features with intuitive operation and flawless performance.

Favorite Features

Price, comfort, performance, economy, low cost of ownership. Incredible balance of features and performance at a reasonable price. Superb body panel fit and build quality throughout. Double wishbone front, multi link rear suspension. Clever keyless remote. Quality tactile feel on controls.

Suggested Improvements

Lower part of door panels attract dirt from your feet touching the black plastic surface on entry and exit, a strip of carpeting would solve that. Black interior shows every speck of dirt and dust on the seats and carpeting. Sides of car will attract and show every door ding.