First Accord Hybrid in Canada
By Barbara Fullerton on
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)
Dealer says I bought the 1st of this model in Canada. My purchase was for ethical reasons - concern for the environment. It gets about 9 km per 100 litres for city driving and about 6.5 km per litre on highway: about 850 km per tank. Promo said potential is 1000 km per tank. Empty tank takes ~ 54 litres (tho specs indicate it is larger.) Dashboard indicators help me drive in a way that conserves fuel. But, when I need power, it is THERE - LOVE it! (When I do not drive in the "eco" zone, my gas mileage goes up, of course.) My primary critique is that this technology was put only into a luxury model. I do not normally purchase leather, seat warmers, 6-CD changer, etc.
Favorite Features
I like the dashboard indicators to show when I am driving in "eco" zone, when electric boost happens, when battery charges. Love the power! I also like the seat warmers, dual temperature controls, 6-CD changer - all the things I would not normally have bought. :-) I am really enjoying it!
Suggested Improvements
When is this technology going to be available in ALL models, including basic models? People who can only afford basic cars cannot afford to buy more gas. And our ecological environment would benefit greatly. Anyway to increase the weight limit? It is pretty low.