Accord Hybrid - New Owner's Impressions
By moretoolife on
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)
My objective was to complete all negotiating before I walked into the dealer. I researched the Accord hybrid online and sent e-mails to all local dealers indicating interest to buy when one arrived. Several e-mailed me as they arrived but weren't keen on discounting off of sticker. One dealer was willing to sell the car at $1,000 off sticker, if I closed before the end of December. I test-drove the car at that dealer and after about 2 minutes in the car I was sold. I received my Accord hybrid on New Year's eve 2004. I have just turned over 1000 miles and my satisfaction has not waned. It is unbelievably quiet, and will really get up and go when asked. No squeaks or rattles.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature would have to be the hybrid engineering. The technology is sophisticated yet not really noticeable. What I do notice is the great gas mileage. My first tank was 39 mpg hwy 32 combined. I really enjoy the ergonomics of the vehicle. The sound system with XM radio is awesome.
Suggested Improvements
I would have traded some of the accelleration for even better mileage. There is a slightly noticeable transmission shift in to and out of 1st gear. Not really bad and that may go away with some miles.