2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car With Great Gas Mileage
By Honda Owner on 09/19/08 15:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th Honda and 5th Honda Accord that I have owned over the last 20 years. This vehicle has been fun to drive with great gas mileage. In combined city/highway driving, I have averaged 29 MPG.

3 Years 36K No Problems
By iowahonda on 09/07/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought our 05 at the end of the model year to get a deal. We're completely happy with it, and have had absolutely no problems. We consistently got 30 mpg city/highway combo, then started getting around 35 mpg once we slowed down on the highway a little. This is a perfect commuter car. Plenty of response and power in traffic. Typical tight Honda feel. No squeaks or rattles ever. This is our 3rd Accord, none ever leaked a drop of oil. Only minor issues are that the seats are a bit firm for long distance driving, the stereo isn't that great, and rear door exit is tight -- have had people hit their heads on the way out.

2005 Honda Accord EXL V6
By Ray on 08/10/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned and operated this car for a week. My initial reaction is that this is one terrific car. It has the feel of a luxury car. It is solid, smooth, responsive, quiet and exudes quality. It is my second Honda and if the reliability experience with this car is similar to my first Honda, I will be one very satisfied Honda owner.

Love My Honda
By Love My Honda on 07/30/08 06:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in Oct. '04, love it! I've had it 4 years now and have had no mechanical problems other than having to replace a battery terminal, brakes twice, and working on my 2nd set of tires. No pause on acceleration, awesome zip. Ultra comfortable interior. Stereo is great. I will definitely be looking for a new Honda next year as I pass my down to the next child in line.

Battery Died -Towed Twice in One Day
By BAC on 07/20/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Only have 16,000 on this baby, owned under 3 yrs. and I was shocked when my battery died on a very hot day. My shop says it happens! He also said the breaks are fine, just noisy pads (after 10,000 noticed a slight squeal). Still like the car for what I paid under $18,000 everything included Cash. Nobody is perfect. Must last 10 yrs.

Great v6
By RAZ on 07/02/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I retired my 1993 Accord with over 400,000 miles on it, (head gasket blown), and went with this v6. I travel 70% highway 70 mph ( I am not gunning it ever) and getting 27 mpg. A recent hwy trip 34 mpg at 70 mph. It gets better gas mileage than my 4cly 93! Go figure? Great power when needed. No problems yet, 66,000 miles on the car. Leather is very comfortable, radio 6-cd great!

Hesitation when accelerating
By DianeO on 06/27/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is just okay. My Toyota Sienna had better & more features, but I no longer needed a van. The worst thing about this V6 Accord is the acceleration. When I press on the gas, I expect a car to go. But just when I need to accelerate to get into a tight spot on the freeway and I "punch it", it hesitates. That hesitation has caused many near misses.

Notice
By Roe on 06/11/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX Special Edition V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to talk about this car it is great! Not once did it fail in anyway. It did an outstanding performance driving from Ft. Hood Texas to Ft. Wainwright Alaska. I am a soldier. The drive was 4129 miles and this car handled extremely well.

Great car
By jcw819 on 06/06/08 06:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this car in every way. It is fuel efficient, but has enough power to pass, even at interstate speeds.

Very Proud Owner
By Honda for life on 06/03/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was surprised with the amount of car I received with my Accord. Power heated Leather Seats, power windows, power locks, remote transmitter in key, 6 disc player, moonroof, 6 air bags, great stock sound system,2.4L engine w/ great gas mileage 26 city/34 hwy. It is a very smooth ride for the most part, except on the interstate where road noise is present. The car comes with ABS, but needs bigger brakes. Another surprising feature is how much room there is in the backseat, 3 adults fit easily in the back. A lot of storage compartments throughout the car. Also 6 cup holders for a 5 person coupe, Pretty cool! All in all I am very impressed with this car and will buy Honda in the future!