Used 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Performace Car Update
By Lin Red

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Reviewed in Dec 06 and now providing an update. The car has definitely lived up to Honda quality and reliability. I use Michelin Pilot PS2 tires on 17" wheels during the summer and the ride quality and handling is tremendous for an Accord. I haven't had any problems, but the dealer did recommend I replace the rear brake pads at 30k miles. As many have noted the gas mileage is not as high as expected but it is still excellent for a 6-cylinder car. I get 23-24 mpg in city and 34-37 in the highway. Setting the cruise control at 65 mph gives the best mpg. I paid a low price for a new car 4 years ago and it was well worth the money.

Favorite Features

Quality and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to make high mileage Accord hybrid in the future to compete with Toyota, Ford and Hyundai

Reliability & joy
By Super auto

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have driven this auto for 46,000 moles with most of it in town but have two trips of over 2,000 mile each time from here to Galvestan, Texas. On each trip to Galvestan I usually drove at 70-80 mph . The car holds road excellent and still has power to pass in excess of this speed when necessary. I had trouble with a humming noise while driving. Had installed a canceling kit which cost me $600 on August 2008. I've had no mechanical problems or body work done. I am keeping written evidence of purchases of gas for the past 12,000 miles and getting about 36 mpg on highway and 25-30 in town. I wish Honda still made Accord Hybrids. Over all I have not owned a better car than this one!

Favorite Features

Power, riding comfort, miles per gallon of gas and overall satisfaction of ownership.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger electrical seat adjustment and back-up related noise activator and sight. Side mirror addition to eliminate blind spots.

Rocket! Hidden Monster.
By Anthony

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

When people seek Hybrid, they want 40+MPG. This car will not give you that. What it gives you is the Legendary Honda reliability, no non- sense practicality, and utmost dynamic performance. My previous car was a BMW 325i, and aside from being FWD, the Accord performs up to par with the German Counterpart. Steering is tight, acceleration is quick, but cornering have to give it to BMW due to the RWD configuration. Only problem I had with the Honda was a Master Pwr Door lock module which was covered under warranty, and a check engine light on when I gun the accelerator. Dealership said it was a Hybrid sensor error with the electrical motor, it seems a software upgrade fixed that problem.

Favorite Features

Performance, Ergonomic, Efficiency, Reliability, Resale Value

Suggested Improvements

Continuous AC during Hybrid mode, Auto Stick Transmission, Fold Down Backseat, Sunroof, MP3 connection. Auto Head Lights, Xenon Headlights,

Love my new hybrid!
By Selina

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Just bought a used Accord Hybrid! I love it so far. Averaging 33 mpg. Handles great and has awesome brakes. Love having the 255hp when I need it, and the hybrid components when I don't!

Favorite Features

Auto-stop feature, Cylinder-Management system, IMA system

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have MP3 jack.

Love this car, has a lot of power
By on the go

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've had this car for 2 years now and put 60,000 miles on it commuting to work. I'm averaging 32-35mpg, at 75mph. yes, there are other hybrids which will give a lot better gas mileage, and I have test driven a lot of them, but they are gutless in power and do not handle well in turns. This car has the best of both worlds and the quality is better than the others also. The Toyota Prius may be the best out there for saving on gas, but the inside of that car is cheesy and they offer no leather. I'm glad I bought this Honda Accord hybrid. I will sacrifice some mileage for the power, comfort, and quality. Wish Honda would continue to make them. 2006 was the last year.

Favorite Features

Power. 255hp. Leather heated seats. Satellite radio. Good quality inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they would have continued to make this car. Honda only has the Hybrid Civic now. At 60,000 miles now, I would be buying another one soon.