2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Power vs. Fuel Economy
By RobertFL on 09/17/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have owned the car for a few months now and have had no real problems with the vehicle. Those who are hesitant about the fuel milage, think of it: its a V6 Hybrid, not a 4cyl hybrid. If I wanted to get from point A to point A and 1/2, I would have purchased a 4cyl. For a V6, you cannot beat the fuel mileage. I have a lead foot and average 26 in the city. I get 35 on the highway at 85mph assuming I drive 150 miles. The electric motor only assists the car, not takes over the place of the engine. The engine stops when the car stops and does the A/C compressor. If you shift to a low gear then put it back in place, your car will stay running. I personally like the car. Tons of power.

Great Ride
By unicorn on 06/23/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This is a great car with lots of power and decent fuel economy. Interior is very roomy and comfortable.

High Performer
By CarKat on 06/08/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

A fun car with quick response and excellent handling. Plenty of power and good fuel economy. Average about 39-42 MPG highway and 22-25 MPG city driving. The pleasure of driving a high performance V6 with economy of a 4 cylinder car. No problems in 2 years of ownership.Still looks and runs like new.

Accord Hybrid
By Wes on 04/15/07 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Effects of braking took awhile to get use to. Car used in heavy traffic, averages about 27 mpg. Can get 33 mpg on straight hwy. 6 cyl can drink gas depending on driving habits. Great car.

Buy for performance not fuel economy
By Gregg021161 on 12/12/06 13:01 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I recently bought this model used with only 7200 miles on it. Forget about the 37/29 mpg ratings, I get 20 in the city and 32 when mostly highway driving. But the nice handling and smooth quiet ride made me decide to keep it. I also like the power and many included feature.

A Performance Car
By Lin Red on 12/10/06 18:58 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Bought a new 05 HAH in Apr 06. Honda misjudged the # of cars they could sell and several were left unsold well into 06. I couldn't be happier, since I knew exactly what this car was. It was a Honda Accord EX-V6 with added power and better MPG. It was not a super high MPG car especially in the city. This car has all the Honda traits; great build, quality and dependability. It gives about 25% better real world MPG in the city and highway. My 04 Acura TL gets 18 c/27 h, My 05 HAH gets 24 c/34 h. Very grateful for low emissions and uniqueness of this car. Drove my sister's 2007 TCH. Cost 29500+tax with similar features to HAH. TCH has very good city MPG. Like HAH most other respects.

REALLLY Good Car
By ariel10655 on 11/10/06 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Nothing is better than getting a Hybrid V-6 with quality, reliability, comfort, and performance as the Honda. Especially, since I got it with less than 2000 Mi.and several thousands dollars below a regular V-6 and an 7 year extra warranty (I don't need to justify anymore the price of the car with the gas savings as every reviewer does when testing the car). Just the perfect combination. Starting it is like starting an electric car, no sound. Driving is much more precise than my Camry v-6 my wife's drives. I couldn't believe driving 224 highway Miles trip, in such comfort, and powerful machine would take just 5.2 gallon of reg.gas. The car Is a year old but I can still smell the new car smell when driving

I Love My Honda Accord Hybrid
By Unice R. Yancey on 09/16/06 05:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I own the 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid and appreciate the ingenuity that was put in this car. It is spacious, very comfortable for my 2 hour trips back and forth to work and I did not have to spend a lot of money on gas even when the gas prices were high. I was very cognizance of my speed and the road conditions which limited my gas expenses. I will definitely buy another Honda Hybrid in the next year or so. Thanks Honda!

Seats hurt our backs!
By piposie on 09/03/06 17:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I am selling this car because the fuel economy is lower than I was led to believe and the seats are extremely uncomfortable for both me and my husband. I have had to get a seat cushion from the Better Back Store just to be able to drive this car, and I still have trouble with it. I've never had a car as uncomfortable as this one. I only get 26 mpg in the winter in Colorado and 31 mpg in the summer. I do like the handling and power this car affords, though.

Disappointed in GA
By Doug on 08/30/06 05:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

'05 Accord Hybrid is not all that it was cracked up to be. I bought it for the advertised mileage of mid 30's. I got that only a couple of times. Averaged about 24-25 mpg. Save your $$$ when purchasing a car. Buy a regular Accord or other mid size sedan. You'll save a lot more with the difference between the ridiculous price of the hybrid vs. the price of a regular car.