Used 2005 GMC Yukon SLE SUV Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Yukon SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Awesome Gas Mileage
By Patrick

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This Yukon gets the best gas mileage I have ever seen in a full size SUV. I am averaging 20mpg in mostly city driving. It is also one of the most comfortable and easy to drive. I have always liked the exterior design. However, the interior dash could use some work which I think they did for the 07's. Overall you can't beat the price, comfort, ride and reliability of an 05 Yukon.

Exterior, gas mileage, comfort, ride and handling.

Interior dash/door material

Great ride
By Jeff

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I am averaging 18 MPG overall since I purchased and about half of my driving is in the city. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

Sits high, quit ride, plenty of storage, and with the third row seating it's almost like having a van which I had before I bought this.

A hybrid version would be nice with the current gas prices

Yukon on the go
By yukonjack9408

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Yukon, and in some ways, it is the best one. The fuel mileage is good for the size of the vehicle. It's great as far as comfort ane room. I still want the little things, such as the tape player, the little storage compartments that have been available in the past, and the double sunvisor that was in my '03 model. Overall, it's a great car. Keep up the good work, but lower the price, and you would truly have a winner! Yours truly, a happy owner

The reclining seats, rear access door, XM radio, handling, fuel economy

None

05 Yukon SLT
By Ben

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV to have. Gas mileage is poor. Combined fuel economy (60% highway, 40% city) is about 14 mpg. It is very roomy with a nice ride.

The engine is smooth and powerful. The stock radio is very good.

Make a hybrid version so I can get acceptable gas mileage.

Bst Vehicle I've ever owned
By Jeff Stewart

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned, and I have been very surprised with the great mileage I have been getting for such a large vehicle. It has lots of great options with the third row seat for hauling kids and cargo. Very solid ride. The dealership I bought this at is the best one I have ever dealt with.

It has the best leg room of any vehicle I have ever owned. Handles well and has great acceleration. I feel very safe in this vehicle.

The tilt of the back seat is somewhat uncomfortable for long trips. Wish I would have got the bucket seat version.