2005 GMC Yukon SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Awesome Gas Mileage
By Patrick on 06/26/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This Yukon gets the best gas mileage I have ever seen in a full size SUV. I am averaging 20mpg in mostly city driving. It is also one of the most comfortable and easy to drive. I have always liked the exterior design. However, the interior dash could use some work which I think they did for the 07's. Overall you can't beat the price, comfort, ride and reliability of an 05 Yukon.

Great ride
By Jeff on 11/16/05 07:56 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I am averaging 18 MPG overall since I purchased and about half of my driving is in the city. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

Yukon on the go
By yukonjack9408 on 06/06/05 15:10 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Yukon, and in some ways, it is the best one. The fuel mileage is good for the size of the vehicle. It's great as far as comfort ane room. I still want the little things, such as the tape player, the little storage compartments that have been available in the past, and the double sunvisor that was in my '03 model. Overall, it's a great car. Keep up the good work, but lower the price, and you would truly have a winner! Yours truly, a happy owner

05 Yukon SLT
By Ben on 04/13/05 23:34 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV to have. Gas mileage is poor. Combined fuel economy (60% highway, 40% city) is about 14 mpg. It is very roomy with a nice ride.

Bst Vehicle I've ever owned
By Jeff Stewart on 04/09/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned, and I have been very surprised with the great mileage I have been getting for such a large vehicle. It has lots of great options with the third row seat for hauling kids and cargo. Very solid ride. The dealership I bought this at is the best one I have ever dealt with.

2000 Yukon
By Bob McElvain on 11/12/04 01:40 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Yukon has a very high center of gravity: ours fish-tailed and rolled over. No one was hurt but it was totaled. IF they dropped it 3" front and rear it would look more like a station wagon and handle better, with less wind reistance,but look like a latino low rider. Also a recall performed on its ON-Star resulted in a short and caused its battery to run down. This required more than dozen trips to various dealers in order to correctly diagnose & fix.