2003 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
A Little Worried
By a little concerned on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car on 10/11/03. I read all the reviews on here and became skeptical after reading stories about how poorly made these trucks are. The discounts and financing deals on the Denali were too good to pass up so I decided on the Denali. I think I may have made a huge mistake. The car has been in the shop for the past 7 days. It has engine noise coming through the speakers. They say they have figured out the problem, but I truly believe I will be back in the shop again very soon. I highly suggest that anyone who is thinking about buying a SUV to buy a foreign SUV. Did I just make a $50,000 mistake?

MORE SPACE AND AGILILTY
By GODUMS on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THE 2003 YUKON DENALI IS BOTH SPACIOUS AND HAS GREAT HIGHWAY AGILITY. HAS BEEN BY FAR THE BEST LARGE SUV I PERSONALLY HAVE DRIVEN YET. SMOOTH AND COMFORT WITH LARGE FAMILIES IN MIND FOR SAFETY IS ONE OF THE SELLING FETURES. THE MAINTENCE THAT IS EXPECTED ALSO HELPS MAKE THIS CAR A EXCELLENT CHOICE FOR THOSE WHO WANT A CAR TO LAST.

Lovin' My Yukon!
By JBaum on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned an 02 Envoy, this is much bigger, took a little longer to get used to. I absolutely love it! As a stay-at-home mom, I don't mind the lower gas milage.

2003 Yukon Xlnt Ride
By motorman on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am very surprised by the smooth ride of this large SUV. (2003) I don't even feel the speed bumps in my neighborhood. It is extremely quite, the AC is cold (I live in AZ). The turning radius is incredibaly small, which is not the case with my Chevy full size pickup. I get about 15 mpg around town. But, I believe that will improve with age, as have all my previous vehicles. Only complaint, the doors don't have that heavy feel or sound when I close them, but that's minor. The high profile view around town is an asset. I would definately buy another one, in fact my wife bought a Tahoe a few weeks after I got the Yukon.

Great vehicle
By saplumr on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I tow a 20' 7500lb car trailer throughout east coast and my Denali never misses a beat. Great pulling power over mountains. Fuel mileage is not good, but a trade off I will gladly take. I love this vehicle.

Excellent Truck
By Joann O'Toole on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am so happy with my Yukon. I was undecided between the Sequoia and the Yukon and I know I made the right choice. The ride is very smooth and non truck like and the performance has been excellent. I don't know why people rate the interior design so low because I think it's very nice. Much nicer than the cheep looking brown paneling in the Sequoia. I just cannot say enough about my Yukon. I always purchase foreign and decided to give an american vehicle a try and I am so glad I did because it's an excellent truck!

Denali review
By jobki on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The first time I climbed in my Denali to test drove it, I knew I had to have it. It is so comfortable to drive- even for a woman. Many cars are built for an average sized man. If you are an an average sized woman then it's hard to find such a comfortable riding car. I have had only minor warranty work done on it, therefore it has been extremely reliable. Most importantly, I feel totally safe driving it. It handles well for an SUV except I notice that when I turn a sharp curve, like when exiting the freeway, the tires squeel. Anyway, I would buy another one when this one gets old!

Denali
By WiL on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Power with control. Fun truck to drive.

Rating GMC Yukon XL Denali
By Taboma on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle performs very well. It's very comfortable and roomy. I would prefer better gas mileage.

Big Boys Toy
By Brandimarte on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicele has been a dream to drive. We went on a cross- country road trip from Connecticut to Vancouver, BC, Canada. The drive was extremely smooth and comfortable and that was with four adults and two pre-teen chidren.