2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Tell Your Wife
By Schatzie on 12/19/06 03:16 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Be sure to tell your wife to adjust the seat so she can depress the clutch all the way to floor for each shift and for starting car. Frantic call #(1) "Car won't start" Frantic call #(2) "Rear windows are down and I do not know how to make them go up. Frantic call #(3) overhead light won't go off and rear windows are down again. Explained the lights will go off automatically after you exit the door and showed her the little buttons to turn off/on individual lights. Also explained button that makes top go up and down and if pushed will make rear windows go down. Why didn't I tell her before? I had to sell the 5 speed and thought the A/C and rear defrost and electric seats was a success.

Dream Car
By LUNAGLO on 11/28/06 13:39 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After 19 months, this car is still the one I have always dreamed of. I knew I was going to buy one as soon as I started reading articles about it a year before it came out. I still get looks and positive comments all the time. I am glad I went for the GT instead of the V6 because it truly has the Mustang "roar". The stability is fantastic and it feels like it glides from lane to lane. I added an "Airhog" air filter and I now get 34 mpg average, which is fantastic for a V8. I love the pick up when merging or turning into traffic. It is also quite roomy for a 2 door. At age 60 and female, this is my first "status" car and I hope to own it for the rest of my driving days.

Finally!
By Leslie on 11/25/06 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had been yearning for a Mustang for several years and finally realized that life was too short not to have it! I am now more in love with muscle cars than ever before and wish that I could have gotten the 8 cylinder (insurance wanted too much). Unfortunately, I do mostly NYC street driving to and from work 5 days/week. A real joy when I am driving around upstate NY. I never have to think twice about lane changes or pulling onto any highway. At first, it takes muscle to drive this car's stick. So much fun to break it in though. I got a lot of attention in 2005 when I first got the car. Best looking rear end on a car ever!

Not a great family vehicle
By StangGirl on 11/06/06 10:29 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Last year my husband decided he wanted to trade in my minivan (lol) for this Mustang, well over all I love the Mustang, looks good, drives good (love the handling) except for it revving up (not sure if it's because it's a manual) when you go to stop, only happens occasionally. The CD player jumps which I heard that was common for the Shaker 500. And well ,it's just unpractical for a family. Though it looks nice and you get a lot of thumbs up we just gotta let it go.

Best car I have ever owned!
By patricia dunn on 10/21/06 21:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have never spoken with more strangers or had more people talk cars with me than when I started driving this '05 Mustang GT convertible last year. It has called for so much attention because of its incredible beauty! It has awesome power and iI never fear pulling out at intersections anymore because NOW I KNOW I can make the turn without getting in someone's way. I GO! "She goes!" Entering and exiting military posts has guards drooling over this gorgeous retro Stang. With the top down, folks pull up beside me and start chatting about it. I just wish I had bought this earlier in the year to enjoy it longer!

Lemon Mustang
By Total Lemon on 10/15/06 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for just over 3 months and have had nothing but problems. The car has been out of service for almost 40 days. Just got the car back from the dealer on Friday, they had it for 26 consecutive days and can't fix a clicking/popping sound in the front end. Called Ford technical service and are sending a tech in on 11/01/06 to look at the car. The headliner is falling out -now held in place with cardboard shims, rear axle bearings and seals replaced, front and rear rotors already turned, rear quarter windows replaced because of rusty screws holding the weather strips, parking break lever replaced, finish coming of the chrome a/c vent, rocker moldings loose and the list goes on.

Maybe its just my luck
By MyPoorPony on 10/12/06 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Premium Convertible. My first car I've bought on my own. So far I've had it in twice for the fuel pump and I'm taking it in to get the top replaced because the rear defroster stopped working. I've had the gear shifter replaced in it. I'm not happy camper with this car. If it wasn't for all these problems, I'd absolutely love this car. Rides great, minus the time it stopped running on the middle of I-95. Love driving with the top down, love the audio in it. Maybe I just got a bad pony. But I won't ever buy a Ford again, the service is awful.

Donkey Kong
By MiStang on 07/24/06 20:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had my car for 4 days and drove it twice before I noticed a knock from the wheels as I made some hard turns, any direction will do, from a stationary position. I was told that the manufacturer was aware of this "ping" but doesn't know how to fix because they don't know where it's coming from. Since this unknown "ping" is from the steering, I guess I'll have to pray real hard for a safe trip in my new car.

Not what you would expect
By disappointment on 07/23/06 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V6 hardtop coupe. It's a beautiful dirt color with black racing stripes. The horse power stinks. 4.0L and only 210hp. I also have a Nissan 350z thats a 3.5L V6. It puts out 300HP stock. My Mustang is flawless in style and looks but I am very disappointed in the performance.

Amazing package
By rt on 07/13/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 2005 Mustang Deluxe and have been amazed with the car. The handling, looks/style, performance and most of all, the great highway gas mileage. I get about 32 miles to the gallon on the highway which is very satisfactory. I have owned many cars since the 1960s and never have I had so many people of all ages compliment my car like this 05 Mustang. The trunk is roomy, the handling and improved driver positioning is so much better than the 02 Mustang I had.