Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

One Great Car
By Chris Brown

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the first new Mustang I have ever owned and it is GREAT! I have an 89 LX convertible that I have owned since '89 and have had a '65 Mustang. This car is faster, tighter, better made and looks better than any Mustang ever built.

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing yet....

Muscle
By Bryan

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The vehicle is everything Ford designers intended it to be. This automobile is sleek in every aspect; the exterior and the old body design to the sporty look, not so much the European look on the interior.

Favorite Features

This car caught my eye the first time Ford revealed it to the public, before assembly. I knew I was going to own one.

Suggested Improvements

Please don't change a thing!

Perfection!
By Dave Herbert

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded up from a 1994 Mustang 5.0. What a drastic difference in performance, comfort and styling. Every day I catch people staring at my vehicle. The Shaker 1000 stereo system sounds better than my home stereo.

Favorite Features

5 speed manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

None.

'05 Mustang GT is a great car!
By russe

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Mustang GT drives great and looks fantastic. It has very comfortable seats and is a pleasure to cruise in on the highway. I think its ultimate handling abilities exceed my willingness to explore them but when pushed through the twisties this car would probably put certain 2 seater sports cars to shame. With the 5 speed manual, the acceleration is outstanding and the incredible exhaust note under power makes the car a total blast to drive. Another thing I have noticed over the 4 months I have owned this car is that almost everyone who sees it, rides in it, or drives it wants one too. My wife loves the car too and we are extremely pleased with our purchase (our first Mustang by the way).

Favorite Features

Seats, motor, upgraded dash, red leather interior, manual transmission, light clutch, general feel of the car, exterior appearance.

Suggested Improvements

18" wheels with wider tires, slightly lower stance, power seat back, HID lights, larger more finished looking exhaust tips, even more power, 6 speed manual tranny, auto headlights and auto dimming rear view mirror, wiper on rear window? (well - maybe not).

Super!
By Greg Carr

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I could never have imagined how many heads this vehicle has turned. Though it is a convertible it is really quiet inside with loads of muscle when I need it. Ford got this one RIGHT.

Favorite Features

I love the design of the dashboard; it takes me back to the days of riding with my uncle when I was a kid.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is not the greatest, But if you stay off of it (who can do that?) it's not too bad.