2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Focus has gone way downhill
By hh on 04/10/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus. At 40K miles, the stock 6 CD player started draining the battery, causing me to need jumps as long as the main fuse allowed power to the radio/Cd. I spoke with Ford - not covered. Nearly new car, dying nightly, now working again only because I pulled the fuse. Ford is aware of the issue, but won't work it. This has soured me on Ford, and the Focus, and I won;t be buying another FMC product.

perille tires
By eliz3618 on 04/09/09 10:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we leased a 2007 ford focus and returned it 2 weeks ago to purchase a 2009tord fusion. To our shock, we rec'd a bill from FMC stating we owe$600.00 for overuse of the perille tires. We have always leased, and never have we rec'd a bill for anything.,called other ford motor dealers and they stated the perille tires are only warranted for 1 yr..why is FMC putting tires on cars that they know in advance will not hold up.,we turned the car inw/31,000 miles, perille tire is suppose to be good for 40.000 miles. FMC is really shooting themselves in the foot because if we are forced to pay this, it will be the last ford we ever buy. what an insult to the consumer. tires were noisy & poor traction.

Love this car!
By Cocotinne on 04/05/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over all, this is the best car I ever owned; once the back seats are folded, the trunk is so big, people dont believe what I put in it. I need space in the back and this car is perfect. I plan to keep it for a long time.

Too Awesome of a car! TOTALLY WORTH IT!
By Jarrett on 03/09/09 16:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review on here not too long ago and I have read some of the reviews on here. I'm sorry to hear that some people had problems with Pirelli tires. I didn't have to replace 2 of them until I was just over 45,000 miles on my car, and that's after my driving like a bat out of hell . Besides regular maintenance, I only had to replace a tail light bulb. The performance of the car is awesome- I can outrun many cars when I need to! It's always fun to drive, especially fast! With all of this, I'm getting on average 30 to 32mpg and when I chill out from going fast I get as much as 38mpg. Totally worth the purchase! I'm not planning to buy another car anytime soon. I made a great choice.

A SPECIAL CAR
By MAT FROM MESA, AZ on 03/05/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford did a good thing with the ST. It handles like a dream and is fun to drive. My wife and I love it! Too bad Ford stopped the ST. It has been good on fuel with a high of 37 Hwy and averaging 28-30 in town. This car eats the mountain roads in Arizona and is a real road car! We are in our 60's and would like to see Ford do something with the new Focus, turbo, etc. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean the younger generation are the only ones to have fun driving! Bring it on, Ford!! We'll be looking (and hoping).

Happy with my Focus
By Happy with it on 02/25/09 09:49 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus, and about the 10th Ford I've owned. The vehicle has great reliability, I do all highway driving and have averaged about 31.5 MPG. It's not as good as my old Mazda GLC (averaged 51 MPG) I had in college, but for a commuter vehicle it's pretty good. I intend to give it to my 14 y.o. as his car when he is ready.

Best of the Best
By Deborah Loudermilk on 01/21/09 12:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

3rd one. Have rented a variety of vehicles for our trips. Drove my 1st Focus and said “I want this this car”. Brought one in 1998, then in 2000 (had over 200,000 miles w/no problems) and then traded it in for my third one. Travel about 120 miles a day and just thought it was time, each was an exceptional car. For a compact car it’s versatility is good, plently of room, especially head room. I recomend this car for fuel efficency, good city MPG/very good hwy MPG, has good accelertion. Nice riding car and very comfortable on trips. It’s underpriced considering its quality and reliablity. It’s everything I needed and more. When I’m ready to trade-in for a new vehicle, it will be another Focus!

I hate this car!
By adamsracingbaby on 01/04/09 18:32 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have had this car almost two years and have had nothing but problems with it. Within 5 months new brakes and rotors. Dash panel lights have gone out three times. Now battery and alternator problems. Not only that in the last year I have had to replace the tires and rims! And they need to be done again. I will never own a Focus again. Not good for car seats or tall people.

A good price for a good car
By mike on 11/10/08 15:46 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus that I bought a year and half ago was an exceptional car. I have driven it as a delivery car and have had almost no problems with it so far. Its versatility is good and for a small car it has plently of room. I would recomend this car to anyone that is looking for fuel efficency and a nice rideing small car. The only thing I would have done differently was bought he 2.3L engine for better pick up.

Fun Ride
By Robin on 09/30/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This small car has great get up and a very nice drive. It is comfortable on long trips.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.