Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

A great little car
By scenicdrive

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Works hard daily over a long commute with steep hills and rocky roads - and has never let me down. Was economical to purchase and much better gas mileage than advertised. This car is helping our family save and get through the economic downturn. No frills but a comfortable dependable car.

Stick shift is fun to drive and saves on brakes when driving steep and windy Highway 74.

It's a little squeaky on the dirt roads but I've gotten used to it.

Transmission
By Lawrence

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot believe my Transmission needs replacement. Yes, I have a lot of miles. That should not make a difference.

Saved my Life
By mstack

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for just 19 days, but it saved my life. I got in an accident today and the cars safety systems went off without a hitch. I could not be more grateful for how the car responded to the crash, but me and my passenger both walked out of the vehicle with nothing bit a stinging arm from the air bag and a scraped shoulder from the seat belt. This car saved my life and my passengers life. It's safe, economical, and in the 19 days I had it, I loved it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but hopefully it held up enough so I can salvage the one I have.

SAFETY, economical, sound system, extremely comfortable, good looking.

It was my first car, I can't complain.

Fix or Repair Daily.... Never buy one!!
By Ricardo

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First i will list all of the good qualities. It is fuel efficient, spacious, has an easy to operate radio, great for long distance trips, but its no Toyota. Now the bad, airbag light in instument panel has been on 8 times. Six times in '09 alone. apparently the techs can't get it right. My transmission went out at 61,000 and had to get rebuilt. The back door lock on the passenger side (which is rarely used) stopped working around 17,000 (covered under warranty). Road and engine noise is unbearable on a windy day. Thankkfully the radio mutes that out when played loud enough. Miles at purchase: 5541 Current Miles: 77100

Sound system, comfort, space, cost to own is really cheap. Just make sure u get the exted warranty to cover at least to 75000 miles.

The new focus isbuilt better however the passenger space is a lot smaller. Better engine is needed.

Best little car you can get
By wpspan

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car right after a deployment and I can say with out a doubt people are in shock what I put it throught.I been fishing working same time anything possible I can do with it.WHere I am we had a rain storm same time very muddy I saw trucks get stuck on dirt roads his little car go throught with easy and same time handle like a PRO same time handling on tight corners is impressive I had a pontiac grand prix before the handling is alot more sluggish then this little focus.What I defently know is MPG is worth.Did road trip with it twice traveled 1600miles and cost me less then $300 down and back all I did was keeping the speed limit.

The gas milage and convience of space looks small but its bigger then what it looks like

POWER IS always a plus but they need to bring the hatchbacks back love the 2dr sporty look or coupe