2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Ugly Car
By Suto on 08/19/07 07:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A surprising car. The 2.0 is significantly faster than my beloved 2003 Protege ES. The ride is nice and soft, yet the car handles really well. There is a lot of body roll during spirited driving, but this isn't a performance model. Big truck easily fits a lawn mower. Soft seats, decent dead pedal placement, high seating position. If you don't care about looks, this is the best American car. Better than Neon and Cobalt Now the bad: This is an ugly little car. It looks like something poor people would drive in the former Soviet Union. Also, the interior is cheap and ugly, and after a while the plastic starts to smell. The engine sounds really weak, and the transmission shifts oddly at times

New Focus
By REO on 08/16/07 11:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has performed better than I expected. It is a gold SES sedan. I took it on vacation and averaged over 30 mpg. It is a fun to drive car.

Love it
By Great ride on 08/13/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As soon as I test drove it I decided to buy it. For the price it is one nice ride. And whoever drives it also likes it. The only problem I have with it now is that my wife will not give it up.

Practical all-rounder
By Kevin on 08/10/07 00:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after relocating across the country, and having to leave my old ride for the vultures. Needed a car that would fit the bill to haul all manner of awkward cargo and serve car- pool duty for my 80 mile (each way) commute. At 8 months and 18,000 miles in, my Focus has peformed reliably and without complaint. Not the nicest car in the segment, but for just over $14K, I got a 5 door hatchback with all the conveniences expected from a modern car, including the optional ABS and front side airbags, along with cruise control and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The driver's seat has so far proved comfortable for my 6'1" frame on drives up to 400 miles with no aches or pains.

Awesome little Peashooter!
By Luke on 08/04/07 10:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little over a month now and I love it! This is my first car that I bought. I picked this car because It was affordable and for some reason it had a more powerful engine then the Honda Civic which was 3000 dollars or more! I got really good deal and this car is very reliable and I will enjoy driving it for many years to come!

Second car
By Mike on 07/24/07 00:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far my wife really loves this car. It is very easy to drive (fun) with a great turning radius for tight parking spots and has very very good brakes.

Good Car for the Money
By rbogrow on 07/08/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car about a month now and so far have been pretty pleased. The 5-speed manual is very fun to drive and the car responds well. I have been getting about 30 MPG on about 50/50 driving. My biggest complaint are the really cheap sun visors. I did have a fit and finish problem with the hood and a paint drip above the rear light upon delivery.

Great little car
By bigguy on 07/08/07 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After considering the much more expensive Honda, Toyota, and Mazda, I decided to buy a Focus. Besides, I believed Ford earned my business with their commitment to quality. This car is well thought out. Like others have said, it is small on the outside, but feels roomy on the inside. At 6'2" and 250 lbs., I feel comfortable. And yes, I can get into and out of the back seat painlessly. Yep, I did consider the Cobalt out of the other American cars. But, in my opinion, it is not nearly as good- looking. I'm getting 32-36 mpg with the fun-to-drive stick. And, it'll probably get better, as the car has just 2K on it.

I can care less what you say
By Me on 06/30/07 06:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since birth I've been a Ford enthusiast and that won't change. I've driven my share or cars (This meaning Civic and Focus) and I love the Focus much more. I currently have a ZX-3 do to the fact I like the style better than the sedan. I also love the list of performance parts I'm entitled to from Steeda, Roush, and Saleen. Although my Focus is stock with a five speed, it drives fast, handles perfect, comfortable, and gets great gas mileage. I plan to eventually add minor performance from Steeda and maybe in the future buy a 2005 Saleen Focus. 150 horsepower 150 lb ft tq with an all aluminum I-4. I test drove a regular S-121 and loved it right away.

Excellent Car
By THE ARB on 06/24/07 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car that is small on the outside yet big on the inside. In New York City this is the kind of car you need to drive on narrow 2 way streets, with cars double parked. This is a pretty car that has all the basic features, plus some. I chose this car over a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic, for interior comfort, performance and price. I am leasing this car for 24 months, at low mileage. This exactly the type of lease I prefer. This is the first time I acquired a second car; with my first car always being a luxury car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.