Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good car good price
By Ben

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The focus has gotten 39mpg hwy. aver. 27 mpg. Responsive,fun to drive. could have used some sound deadening to give a more quality feel. Orig. tires, Hankook shot at 17000 mi. tires rotated every 6000mi. Driving style conservative. Brakes warped too soon.

Price very good, Fuel mileage excellent.Good interior space. fold down rear seat a positive feature.

Better quality rotors, warped at approx. 15000mi. Better sound insulation.

Good Value, overall...
By Collin

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle after owning a 2000 Focus LX. Our new coupe looked great in red with black cloth interior. We paid about $16k BUT were very impressed with the improvements made over the 2000 model. The interior quality is much improved, as is the sound deadening, ride, handling, and POWER. The DOHC 2.0L offers plenty of mid-range torque with an impressive intake growl. The brakes are good, but lack anti-lock. The stock sound system is adequate. The vehicle handles VERY well for its class; it is difficult to lose grip even in the wet. Replaced alternator at 48,000 miles ($220 from AutoZone), and a front marker lamp at 44,000 miles. Overall, we love the looks and performance.

Intake note, equipment-to-price ratio, plenty of interior storage, sweet wheel and tire combo, great seats, decent sound system, lots of room in the back seat, even for a relatively tall person. Foglamps are quite bright. Lots of compliments on thestyling. Ice-cold A/C. Flex- antenna on roof!

Cries out desperately for anti-lock brakes. A few interior rattles at nearly 50K. Persistent squeak from left-rear, interior somewhere... Could benefit from 4-wheel-disc brakes. Tire-balancing issues cause vibration at interstate speeds. Could use more power, but I could say that about any car.

Went Downhill Fast
By NDO

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I got this car less than two years ago brand new. We only use it for commuting to work so it has low mileage. It doesn't get the posted fuel economy.. 6 months ago it started shuddering at stops. They told us it was a transmission leak and supposedly fixed it. Two weeks ago it began dying at stops so they replaced a tranny gasket. Now only two weeks later, its shuddering, dying, and has a fast leak of transmission fluid puddling everywhere. We can smell it as we drive, too. Ford is putting a bandaid on a big hidden problem and we're thinking of trading this lemon in before the warranty is out and we're stuck replacing a transmission out of pocket.

Head room in the backseat

better quality parts, back seats that lay down flatter

Not for the tall
By Tone

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car. I bought it used with 17k on it. I'm 6'2" and it's cramped inside a little. This is definitely a little person car. There a no power amenities. Reminds me of my old Ford Escort. It seems like the same size but I put on weight about 50 lbs, so this car is gonna make me skinny again. Overall a steal for under 15 thou. Good gas milage, handles well. But they need to do a factory recall on the gas cap. Almost every review I read about this car complaims about the smell of gas. I had to take mine back to the dealer and he tightened it up and reset the codes.

Gas Milage, price

All the problems were gone when I test drove the 2008 wich is way too pricey.

Focus has gone way downhill
By hh

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus. At 40K miles, the stock 6 CD player started draining the battery, causing me to need jumps as long as the main fuse allowed power to the radio/Cd. I spoke with Ford - not covered. Nearly new car, dying nightly, now working again only because I pulled the fuse. Ford is aware of the issue, but won't work it. This has soured me on Ford, and the Focus, and I won;t be buying another FMC product.

Style

dependability - a nearly new car should not experience the problem I have, and if so, it should be covered by Ford