Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Saved my Life
By mstack

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for just 19 days, but it saved my life. I got in an accident today and the cars safety systems went off without a hitch. I could not be more grateful for how the car responded to the crash, but me and my passenger both walked out of the vehicle with nothing bit a stinging arm from the air bag and a scraped shoulder from the seat belt. This car saved my life and my passengers life. It's safe, economical, and in the 19 days I had it, I loved it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but hopefully it held up enough so I can salvage the one I have.

Favorite Features

SAFETY, economical, sound system, extremely comfortable, good looking.

Suggested Improvements

It was my first car, I can't complain.

A Keeper
By marcopolo6

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it. Had to replace water pump shortly after purchase (covered under warranty.) Airbag dash light comes on occasionally. Replaced left rear tail light bulb twice (so far.) Tires needed replacement at about 25,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage (33 mpg combination city and highway.) Fun to drive. Reliable. Comfortable cabin (I'm 6' and I'm comfortable in it.) Controls within easy reach. Able to load hatch with oversize items (when seats folded down.) Despite above mentioned problems, I love the car. It's solid and dependable and I hope to drive it at least 200,000 miles. Taking good care of it. Exterior styling has come back in the 2012 models. Timeless.

Suggested Improvements

I've read other reviews about the airbag dash light (what's that all about?) Cup holders somewhat hard to reach. Also rear light bulbs burning out. Better tires.

Extremely reliable.
By cdhghs

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus brand new in 2006 for business usage. I drive an average of 10,000+ miles per month, having the oil change every 3,500 mi. This car has been nothing but reliable for me and my business needs. I have always been able to count on it to get me from coast to coast. Minor wear and tear repairs are to be expected, as with any car. The most costly repair I've had to get was a new fuel pump in the middle of 2010, and of course tires and brakes. Other than that at 315,000+mi it's time to trade it in for a new Focus. Thanks Ford!

Favorite Features

Simplistic but not overly simplistic. Great stereo for a entry level car.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

A great little car
By scenicdrive

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Works hard daily over a long commute with steep hills and rocky roads - and has never let me down. Was economical to purchase and much better gas mileage than advertised. This car is helping our family save and get through the economic downturn. No frills but a comfortable dependable car.

Favorite Features

Stick shift is fun to drive and saves on brakes when driving steep and windy Highway 74.

Suggested Improvements

It's a little squeaky on the dirt roads but I've gotten used to it.

Practical all-rounder
By Kevin

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after relocating across the country, and having to leave my old ride for the vultures. Needed a car that would fit the bill to haul all manner of awkward cargo and serve car- pool duty for my 80 mile (each way) commute. At 8 months and 18,000 miles in, my Focus has peformed reliably and without complaint. Not the nicest car in the segment, but for just over $14K, I got a 5 door hatchback with all the conveniences expected from a modern car, including the optional ABS and front side airbags, along with cruise control and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The driver's seat has so far proved comfortable for my 6'1" frame on drives up to 400 miles with no aches or pains.

Favorite Features

Fold-flat rear seats creates a large cargo area, suitable for everything from 2-3 bikes to smaller bits of furniture. At speeds of 75-80 mph, fuel economy comes in at a consistent 31-33 MPG, even in hilly and windy conditions. Zippy performance in urban driving. Standard CD Mp3 is handy.

Suggested Improvements

Wind and tire noise can be excessive at higher speeds, especially on coarse Texas pavement. Lack of rear headrests will irk taller passengers. Aux audio- in would be nice (standard on the '08s?).