Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus has gone way downhill
By hh

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus. At 40K miles, the stock 6 CD player started draining the battery, causing me to need jumps as long as the main fuse allowed power to the radio/Cd. I spoke with Ford - not covered. Nearly new car, dying nightly, now working again only because I pulled the fuse. Ford is aware of the issue, but won't work it. This has soured me on Ford, and the Focus, and I won;t be buying another FMC product.

Style

dependability - a nearly new car should not experience the problem I have, and if so, it should be covered by Ford

perille tires
By eliz3618

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we leased a 2007 ford focus and returned it 2 weeks ago to purchase a 2009tord fusion. To our shock, we rec'd a bill from FMC stating we owe$600.00 for overuse of the perille tires. We have always leased, and never have we rec'd a bill for anything.,called other ford motor dealers and they stated the perille tires are only warranted for 1 yr..why is FMC putting tires on cars that they know in advance will not hold up.,we turned the car inw/31,000 miles, perille tire is suppose to be good for 40.000 miles. FMC is really shooting themselves in the foot because if we are forced to pay this, it will be the last ford we ever buy. what an insult to the consumer. tires were noisy & poor traction.

we tried to call customer service regarding the perille tires and they tell us it is out of their hands and too bad. we have to pay it.

Why make the customer pay for FMC's faults.,why put tires on that you know will not hold up. These tires were rotated as scheduled by a ford dealer in petoskey, mi., and they will not put the tires on their cars, poor performance. they told us this directly, too many complaints w/this perille tire.

Love this car!
By Cocotinne

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over all, this is the best car I ever owned; once the back seats are folded, the trunk is so big, people dont believe what I put in it. I need space in the back and this car is perfect. I plan to keep it for a long time.

Heated seats! CD slot! Sunroof! Mag wheels look cool! Excellent handling, comfort...

The cup holders are not convenient; hard to access them when driving. The can holders in the door are the same; useless actually, I have manual window openers; I guess it was meant for electric ones.

Too Awesome of a car! TOTALLY WORTH IT!
By Jarrett

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review on here not too long ago and I have read some of the reviews on here. I'm sorry to hear that some people had problems with Pirelli tires. I didn't have to replace 2 of them until I was just over 45,000 miles on my car, and that's after my driving like a bat out of hell . Besides regular maintenance, I only had to replace a tail light bulb. The performance of the car is awesome- I can outrun many cars when I need to! It's always fun to drive, especially fast! With all of this, I'm getting on average 30 to 32mpg and when I chill out from going fast I get as much as 38mpg. Totally worth the purchase! I'm not planning to buy another car anytime soon. I made a great choice.

Everything! I must stay that the performance, the small size of the car (so if I need to squeeze in a tight parking space I can do it easily), the gas mileage, the sound of my car with my mods on it... just everything about my car!

I want to see the hatchback in future Focus models with a faster engine. I truly dislike the new 2008+ models- they're not aesthetically pleasing. Bring back the hatchback and with a faster engine- I will certainly pick up another Focus then!

A SPECIAL CAR
By MAT FROM MESA, AZ

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford did a good thing with the ST. It handles like a dream and is fun to drive. My wife and I love it! Too bad Ford stopped the ST. It has been good on fuel with a high of 37 Hwy and averaging 28-30 in town. This car eats the mountain roads in Arizona and is a real road car! We are in our 60's and would like to see Ford do something with the new Focus, turbo, etc. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean the younger generation are the only ones to have fun driving! Bring it on, Ford!! We'll be looking (and hoping).

Comfortable seating, nice sound system, plenty of nice features and tech equipment. Like the 2.3 and the power. Car sound nice too with the upscaled exhaust.

The 205-50-16 tire size wears out at 22,000 miles. Went to a 205-55-16 Michilins to overcome this.