2004 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Awesome car!
By avengerc4 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best car I have ever driven. I previously owned a 2000 v6 mercury cougar and love the focus a lot better. It is lighter with less pickup but a new air intake and exhaust put it right on track.

A Great Little Car
By AllanPaul on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I leased a 2-door Ford Focus for three years. I loved the car. It handles like a charm and is exceptionally roomy for a vehicle of this type. I drove it cross-country. It was comfortable and pleasureable to drive. I just put gas in. No problems. In fact, I liked the car so much, I bought one when the lease ran out...the 5-door model (4-door + hatchback). It is well designed, very dependable and a great family car. With the back seats down, you can carry almost anything. This car is a smart buy.

A hidden jewel in segment
By Gman1Wine on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I come from a large family where I've had ample opportunities to own various vehicles, which have mostly been imports. I took a risk with the Focus, and I am suprisingly happy. I am an extremely demanding owner, and I couldn't find even one flaw the first 60 days. One exception was the inaccurate fuel gauge tha left me stranded for 1/2hr. Otherwise, much larger than it appears and very fun to toss into curves/corners. Granted, it's no BMW like my other car, but much more rewarding than a toyota or even honda. Hope there's more of this from Ford.

Incredible for the money!
By Joseph Kissel on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Focus when a fireman returned from the wreckage of the World Trade Center and decided life was too short to be driving a Focus hatchback -- even one with the Euro-tuned suspension and ALL the goodies. So he traded it in for a Mustang. I've driven both, and the Focus ZX3 is much more fun, functional and funky. Two years later I still sneak into the garage to admire it. Save for one bad start, it's been as reliable as a gas stove. Inside, it's roomy without being a hog on the road, in parking spots or at the gas station. In short, there's a reason it's the only "cheap" car on Car and Driver's 10 Best List four years running.

focus on fun
By rhbaker1995 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The ford focus is a well built fun to drive inexpensive vehicle and for all you hot rodders there are also an abundance of performance parts for this vehicle I highly recommend the focus for anyone who is looking for inexpensive transportation that is reliable fun to drive and looks good

Great Focus
By Ryan Knutson on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think its a great car, I was really impressed with basically, everything on, and with the 03 Ford Focus ZX3. I believe everything should test drive it, to know how great this car really is for a ford vehicle. Acually any vehicle in the 03 ford focus price range for that matter.

THE 2.3 ENGINE IS AMAZING!!
By josh_ph2003 on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my focus this week and the fun of my life begins.The 2.3 liter engine is so powerful, considering the price! ( i got mine for $12T+) thanks with the help of tyrone and regie! I LOVE THIS CARE! IT WILL LAST FOR ME!

Good car
By crazyfocus on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is exactly what i expected for the money i spent. Good looking, fun to drive, enough interior room. No problems to report yet, after 5ooo miles.