2010 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
So far, so good.
By WarsaWonder on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The number one reason I bought a Ford product and the first time I saw the Flex on the road, I thought it was unique. This vehicle is the surprise of my life. My wife wanted a seven passenger vehicle and the Flex had all my options and room--plenty of room for seven good sized adults. The gas mileage is extraordinary. Since the day I brought the "Bus, bus, magic bus" home I have averaged 22.6 mpg. AND...it is quicker to 60 mph than my Porsche Cayenne S. What more for this auto can you ask? The only accessory I am apprehensive over is the self-parking feature. I still don't trust it to park itself for me.

Sync / Nav Issues
By Marty on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I will drive all over the state, entertain clients and move equipment cases of about 40-60 pounds each. The fold flat seats are great except that after only 15,000 miles I noticed that the carpet surface of the cargo floor is wearing out. My dealer is replacing this surface. The bigger issue is the Nav system.It only holds 50 names in the address book. This seems to be great example of very old technology my previous $200 Garmin could hold thousands of address. I use my car as a mobile office and visit new clients all the time, now my sync nav cannot hold any new addresses. Syncs built in calendar is useless to keep appointments as you can not enter any data. Sync is not very hi tech.

Comfortable and Quick
By William Miller on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this car to replace a 2000 Expedition. We needed room for three grandsons riding along with Papa and Grandma! The boys love their individual moon roofs (we've made several trips through the airport). It's extremely comfortable, and the versatile seating is great for shopping from groceries to home improvements. It handled a 5-person bowling team plus luggage & 10 balls with power to spare. We had a small issue with defective weatherstripping on the driver's door which was promptly replaced. We also had brake problems which were a design flaw and has been remedied. Overall this car has been a big hit with the entire family.

I always get compliments in parking lots
By Laraine on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I love to drive this car! The Ecoboost makes highway acceleration effortless. The leather interior makes me forget it's the family car, and I will never own a mini- van. I have three car seats in the back, and it's easy to switch to the third row seats when needed. I also get stopped frequently by admirers of my candy red paint with the white roof. I do mostly highway driving, and I get about 20 mpg consistently.

Fantastic Flex
By Sue on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drives like a dream, so roomy and comfortable. I love the unique body style and so do a lot of other people. My Flex gets a lot of attention. I can hardly wait to take it on vacation.

Love my Flex
By Chris on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had it for a few months and really enjoy driving it. We purchased it as a replacement for a minivan and even though the dimensions claim to be very similar, the Flex seems a lot bigger than our extended Venture. The Flex also has the fold flat seats for all 3 rows (except driver seat, of course) which really comes in handy if you need to bring a stack of 2x4's home to build a tree fort (or something)

Flex is Perfect
By RJR on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought our flex as a demo with 11 000 km on it and so far it is a great family hauler. The big leather seats are very comfortable, lots of interior room especially width wise.Nav and DVD are very good and the ecoboost is well worth the extra money, mileage is 13- 14 liters/100 km.After looking at big suvs and mini vans we are very pleased with the flex.

Happy senior
By Ford Flex on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Very nice vehicle. Econobost is strong and coupled with the 20 inch wheels, drives like it's on tracks. Gives driver a complete feeling of confidence and in-control.

Reliability issues and more
By Robert on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After purchasing what we thought was the perfect family vehicle for us, we have had numerous issues with no support from the dealership. After bringing the vehicle 6 times for font brake issues, we are finally made aware of a"service procedure(which is really a recall), but we are still waiting for the parts to arrive. We are now having transmission issue and are only being told by the dealer that is a "chip issue", but they are not willing to replace the chip. We also have issues with the rear folding seat not raising when activated and were told by the dealer to basically "live with it". Bottom line is that we are sad that Ford is not standing behind the product sold like other competitors

Flex with maximum bells and whistles
By Forester on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We like the ride and handling and quietness relative to our Explorer. Don't like the range due to mileage and an 18.5 gas tank rather than 22.5 in the Explorer. Digital readout is a vast improvement over Explorer. Great radio satellite and navigation system.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$133 per month*