Used 2010 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Ford Flex Brake issues
By phillthedog

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had our Flex for nearly two years once we hit 22k miles began having brake failures car has been in dealer 5 times they have replaced vacuum booster and check valves. When the car has been parked overnight or for a few hours the brake pedal is very hard the car will not stop. Ford says this is "normal" operating procedure and we have to warm the car up for five minutes before driving which is totally unacceptable. Dealer is as frustrated as we are Ford sent out an engineer who said he could not replicate the problem. We are truly disappointed with Ford.

Match customer service with other brands

Life with the Flex
By rroselavy

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had a Flex for over 18 months now. Summary: 1) Nice outside. Many ask about how we like the car. 2) Roomy inside. Excessive for in town, but great for long trips. 3) 12" longer than our last SUV. Street parking can be more challenging. 4) Poor fuel efficiency. We get 13gph city, and about 22gph highway. 5) Build quality OK. Plastic covers on base of front seats and door handles keep popping off. Engineering falls short in the minor details. 6) Ford Service is apathetic. They do the work, but do not seem to care about customer satisfaction. 7) Navigation system is poorly designed and clumsy. Passenger can't enter address when car is moving. Media player and bluetooth works well.

Outside Appearance, Roominess, Comfortable.

Ford Service should treat Flex customers more like luxury segment. Ford should pay attention to small details like German engineering. Ford should advertise more accurate mpg numbers, or improve efficiency of Flex.

Already Replaced Left Turbo
By kjhgr01

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to wait 3 months to get my Flex built. Steel Blue with Black Charcoal leather. So far so good. I would never think I would own a Ford. I owned many Honda & Acura and one Volvo. I always despite the Ford products because of safety issues. I never felt more safe in that box! The front brakes are kinda weird when humidity is high or wet. I average about 18 - 19 mpg with the A/C on, and about 20 - 21 mpg when A/C is off. At 22500 miles I had to replace the left turbo (leaked oil), an A/C line and a radiator shroud (technician broke it while trying to reassemble the turbo.) I have been using Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since the 2nd oil change. Fortunately my Ford dealer is nice.

1 - Regular tilt and sliding sunroof + the fixed rear sunroof. 2 - The Back-up Camera is Awesome and the Park Assist works like a charm. 3 - I'm glad I waited a few months and got the telescopic steering wheel. 4 - I really enjoy the Tailgate Party Seats and the Power Tailgate. 5 - 44 inches of rear leg room! I really enjoy this since I'm 6'2" and I hate to move my seat forward when I have rear passengers.

1 - Turn signals in mirror or in fender. At least they could have the side position light blink at the same time. That wouldn't be too hard. 2 - I would separate the rear brake light from the rear turn signal. There's 2 separate lights already. 3 - Lockable rear fuel door trap... like all other manufacturers. 4 - A bigger gas tank, another 4/5 gallons would be nice.

How do you spell relief? F-L-E-X
By larbo

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our Flex SEL since April 2010. We wanted to replace our 2007 Buick Terraza because it was a "hangar-queen". We had never owned a Ford product. We were skeptical because of the boxy look, but it has quickly grown on us. It is a cool looking vehicle. We have not taken it back to the dealer for anything except to rotate the tires. I have changed the oil twice myself in 8200 miles and it does not use oil. In the suburbs we get 19.2 MPG and on the highway we can get up to 26 MPG. We love it. It is reliable and the Sync System with Navigation is awesome.

The ride is solid and makes you feel secure. The lack of noise is impressive. Roll down the windows and its loud out there in the concrete jungle; roll'em up and the inside is heavenly quiet. The Sony 12 Speaker audio system puts you in a place you did not think was possible. The 2nd row legroom makes you feel like you are in a limo. Even with the front seats moved way back, you can spread out, tilt back your seat a bit, raise your head rest and fall-asleep. The 110 VAC outlet lets you plug in your laptop for a long-haul charge and the creature comforts let you put away your camera or I-Pod when you get out for that rest area stop. The Mykey system to manage your teen driver is great!

The rear parking assist could use a visual aid located in the rear of the vehicle while backing up. Green - yellow - red works well. The color "Red" being for too close!

We love it!
By Anonymous

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our Flex in April 2010 and love the car. Ride is awesome. Contrary to some reviews, we have had good gas mileage on highway trips 24.5 and around town 19-20. My brother in law came over to check it out when we brought it home and within a week he had one in his garage also. We have had a problem also with a squeaking dash on a hot sunny day with the a/c on vent. Goes away when switched to floor. Dealer can't duplicate it, but has not given up. Will try again next summer. We did have a problem with the front brakes, but they also promptly took care of it. Love the looks of the white top and the fact that it can haul 7 people and still look cool. It's a keeper.

White roof, seats 7, plenty of power even w/out ecoboost, ride quality, great vacation car, always draws a crowd, quiet, no gas cap, rear seat leg room

Head rests hit the back of your head, dash squeak