Used 2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Best Truck Ever
By delete

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I recently bought one of these things with 152k miles on it. Iv only had it for 4 months and it now has 165K miles on it. Its my daily driver. Runs great no problems. Total power house. Very attractive truck, gets alot of attention.

Favorite Features

Interior room & engine

Great Truck
By D.L. Martin

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

4 wheel drive bought new and now has some 66,000 miles. Used to haul various trailers and camper. Has duals for camper and when on it rides like a car - off it is trucky. Taken many long trips (Alaska, Canada, etc.)with camper and very comfortable to drive and ride. Diesel is powerful with 12 mpg when loaded. Five speed manual transmission has good gear ratio. Ordered with high speed rear end which makes it a great highway traveler. No problems except a clutch pressure plate spring broke - cost about $800 to replace everything. Bought as a chassis cab and made a custom box for camper use. With truck rated at 13,000 lbs., never gets overloaded. It is a "keeper"

Favorite Features

Cab/seats are comfortable. Power of diesel is worth the extra money. Only maintenace is keeping clean fuel, air, and oil.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a bleedable clutch slave cylinder outside the housing. Put in adjustment on emergency brake.

Super Duty eats the competition
By nutfarmii

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB

What can I say about this truck, it eats Dodges and GMC equivalents for breakfast. It pulls a 12k trailer up 42degree mountains like nothing is there at 55mph, the rear brakes lasted 130k miles and the room is great inside the cab. While pulling said trailer you can pass a semi at 80mph no problem and still accelerate

Favorite Features

Fuel economy for a truck. Average 15.7mpg over 6yrs. Space and what can't I haul with this thing

Suggested Improvements

Fix the CPS and ABS sensors or lower the price for replacements, fix the cup holders drinks fall out when cornering

Got Power!
By lovnit

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I have had my powerstroke for 1 year and I can say that I have loved every miniute of it. The mpg is a little bad. I average 10 to 12. For a diesel that is a little low, but the power is real. No problem getting up and going even with a load on. I can keep up too. Added an air lift to improve the load handling, works great, makes it softer like a Chevy. Watch out for the bolts in the turbo. They wiggle out. Replace or check after every 50k miles, change oil, and keep up on maintance and you shouldn't have a problem keeping it out of the shop except for the minor things. K&N filter, edge, bigger exaust, and cool air intake. They make a big difference.

Favorite Features

Roomy, power, looks, everything

Suggested Improvements

Mileage, coil springs so oversized tires don't rub.

100K and going strong
By Towin man

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I have towed at least 20,000 miles of the 100K on this truck, and it has never let me down. I have done routine maintenance and replaced ball joints and rotors which came at 80K. Friends with similar Chevys are envious of the trouble free truck this has been. I could not be happier with the truck, and my family loves to travel in it for long trips as well as across town. My first Ford ever, but it won't be my last.

Favorite Features

Powerstroke diesel POWER. Roomy back seat with limo-like leg room.