2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Don't buy this truck!
By steve on 11/22/07 15:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new last year. I travel alot for my job, so I need something comfortable and reliable. When I was in Mississippi, I was driving about 30 mph on a back road when it sounded like I hit a roadside bomb. My truck stopped. I got out only to find a huge puddle of coolant, pieces of metal and what I later discovered was transmission fluid. they towed the truck to a Ford dealership in Memphis Tennessee, and found out that my transmission blew up. The force cracked the engine block, broke the suspension, broke the radiator, and cracked the truck's frame! So I was stuck 7 hrs away from home with a totaled truck, trying to find a new car, and I missed my daughter's birthday!

My F-150
By LUIS on 10/14/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I used to drive a Silverado and its performance was OK, but its interior design cannot compare with the one from the F-150. Now I can pull more weight as my boat and work requirements demand. Its engine is quiet and powerful, so I recognize that I have to maintain it properly.

Nice truck
By mjffarms on 10/05/07 06:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I farm and the truck pulls a double axle trailer easily--quiet--smooth riding. I've had Ford trucks for thirty years--has been my favorite

Unload both barrels
By possum on 09/23/07 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

The steering is too light. The rack/pinion-power assisted steering is way overboard. It's almost unsafe to a point where I only drive this truck on out of town trips when I have to go. I drive class 8 trucks about 6000 miles a week, with my wife. Neither her or I choose to drive the Ford to work. It just sits in the garage waiting to be sold when it gets about 2 yrs old, so as we won't loose money on today's market. Our main means of transportation is still my old 2000 model Sonoma 4x4 with 74000 miles on it. Our next pick-up will be another Chevy or GMC.

Great F-150
By gus on 08/05/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The design inside and outside is great. The space in the supercrew backseat is great. The only fault is the 4.6 feels underpowered.

Need some power - look elsewhere!
By Mike Keating on 08/03/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 F150 Supercrew 4.6 litre in October of 2006. This was the 1st new truck I had ever owned, man have I been disapointed. Under normal driving conditions I suppose for most the power of the 4.6 litre is adequete. As soon as I hooked my 19 ft boat up to it man where'd the power go Ford? With my Chevy I never even knew the boat was back there, not with this motor. If you plan to haul even the smallest camper/boat do not get an F150 with the 4.6 litre, it's awful! If you are looking for a pickup that drives like a car, buy it. If you need a truck with some power for work/play dont buy an F150 w/ this motor. Overall as soon as I can financially trade this Ford F150 in its gone!

Copper Ranch
By MDI on 07/10/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Only hiccup was the transmission console shifter had an interior switch that went out. This caused the transmission to go haywire and could not get it into proper gear. This required a tow and was in warranty. Same problem happened on my 2004 FX4, but that one was out of warranty. Sounds like a defective switch. Best ride of any pick-up that I've riden in. Gas mileage is not great however. The Ethonal blends that I use seem to get much worse gas mileage ... more than offsetting their slightly lower cost per gallon. So E- 85 may not be an option.

Glad to be rid of this one
By justaguy on 06/26/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My F150 spends way to much time in the shop. In one year, less than 17,000 miles, the following items have failed: Steering rack, ABS sensors(2), 4wd locking hub relay, AC/Heat fan. Each failure required two trips to the shop, one to diagnose the problem and order the parts, a second for the actual repair. In addition, I had check engine light problems twice.

I just don't know
By David on 05/03/07 16:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My '06 Lariat Supercrew seems to be morphing into an XLT. All the gold and tan interior and exterior trim colors are already beginning to wear off their surfaces. Power from the 5.4L is shamefully bad above 2000 rpm. Mileage is 12 city and I've never seen anything past 17 highway, but it's about what I expected. Overall build quality is fairly good, but I think my old '97 F-150 was a more solid truck. Time will tell with this 2006 model. These seats are not leather. They're some kind of really cheap imitation of leather. They definitely feel very cheap. If given the chance, I don't think I would buy this truck again. I did mention the awful engine performance, didn't I?

Excellent work truck
By Dave F on 04/27/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle to replace my old work truck, a 2000 f-150 XLT SuperCab with 400,000 km. So Far, this vehicle has considerably more power, tighter ride, though the visibility is somewhat less. the deeper box is handy, but do miss the 8ft box. Handles back roads and work trails better than most of the competition. Overall, a comfortable, tough work truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.