Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I LOVE this truck!
By lilweebugs

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

this is my first full size truck and everything about it is amazing. It handles better than my 00 escort zx2,04 ranger, and husband's 10 civic si and 04 trailblazer! It is solid, smooth, and quiet. It easily pulls a 20' boat, & 3 horse trailer. the bed is a little small but Able to fit a 2010 rancher in the bed with extender and tie downs, can also haul 15 hay bales or a 5' round bale easily. Cab is very roomy, 6'3 hubby has no complaints, able to fit 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 80 lb dogs, 2 carseats and snacks easily! Handles great on every type of surface, or grade. Never needed any type of work, everything runs perfectly.

LOVE everything about this truck, it is manly and sexy at the same time, handles great on ice adn snow even in 2 wheel drive, rarely put it into4x4 unless i get stuck in snow while climing mountain trails that end in a dead end(lol) but able to get out in 4 low no problem. Crosses rushing 3' deep creeks no problem, mobs through mud and sand. takes climbing rugged steep mountain trails in stride and goes back down easily. Haven't felt it get tippy while 4x4ing, it is solid. High enough you don't hit when there are big rocks or in and out ditches/lumps. It also drives great on the highway 100mph and still smooth sailing. Solid, safe, reliable, and a perfect truck for all my needs!

It sometimes makes a whiring noise when the fan is on. makes a loud noise and jerks occasionaly when put into 4x4. Sometimes makes weird noises while starting and warming up and when driving in cold temps of negative 10f and below. Starts right up though, even if not plugged in and it is -20 below for weeks. fog lamp lights get too hot and kinda melted the cover(just a little discoloring on the plastic). It is a gass hog, averaging about $100 to fill up if empty and 350 miles per tank both hw and cty, a little better gass mileage on only highway about 380. I would like to see a f150 get 25-30mpg in the future. If you don't mind spending big bucks often on gass this is the truck 4 u!

Problems Every 10k Miles
By hdjock

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck brand new in 2006 and right at every 10k miles up to my 70k mile mark I have had problems of every kind. If it wasn't the window controls on the driver side it was the CatCon going out and running me almost $2500. My truck has been good as far as getting from place to place but gas mileage is horrible, it used to get 450 miles to a 26 gal tank, now it barely gets 300 so be prepared for that. This is not a truck used for work or any kind of off-roading. The other thing that I can't stand is how the 4x4 works. You have to put it into nuetral to switch the 4x4 in, then you have to put it into drive then nuetral then reverse and then back into drive for it to kick in.

My favorite feature would have to be that it has plenty of cup holders. Thats about it.

Overpriced but remarkably solid
By phroggy

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Huge fan of this truck. Very comfortable, decently powerful, rides like a luxury car. Fuel mileage is acceptable for the size of the vehicle. I've had a few problems here and there but the warranty covered them all. None of the issues were anything that wouldn't happen in a Toyota, Chevrolet or Dodge. ALL vehicles have issues. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a clue how things really are.

Huge cabin, looks great, unstoppable!!

Needs a power increase and better plastic accents on the exterior. Have to use Black Magic to get the color back into it.

Best F-150 I've Owned So Far
By GK20TH

I special ordered this truck from a local dealership. I love this F-150, I have owned a 1996, 1997 and a 2003 prior to this 2006. This 06 is by far the best, I ordered this truck with the FX4 Luxury package and love having the audio and A/C controls on the steering wheel. I have had only one problem with this vehicle and that is the drivers side power window motor went out. I had to replace the entire window regulator. I thought it was odd that the motor went out with only 34,000 miles. I love this pickup and with me only putting on about 8000 miles a year I expect this truck to last me quite awhile. It's no wonder the F-150 continues to be the best selling vehicle in the country.

Love the look of the FX4 version. The FX4 luxury package is great for those who want some of the features of a lariat version. The A/C and audio controls attached to the steering wheel are wonderful. The captain's chairs are wonderful and love the fact this truck drives like a car. Sirius Sat Radio.

Ok a common complaint, lack of storage space or should I say lack of small storage spaces. Would be nice to have a small space to hold like a wallet or cellphone besides the cup holders.

Nothing but problems
By fish

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've been a ford driver for decades. This will be my last Ford. I had several transmission tweaks at 20,000 miles. MAF sensor puked at 28,000 ($650). Differential died at 58,000 miles ($2500). Now my transmission needs new bearings at 63,000 miles. Of course my warranty was void last month so I have to foot a bill for over $2500 to fix the transmission on a 3.5 year old vehicle. Very not cool. This truck is a daily driver, not a workhorse by any stretch of the imagination. Goodbye Ford, it's time for a Ram.

Styling and power.

A reliable truck that functions properly would be beneficial!