Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
Nothing but problems
By fish

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've been a ford driver for decades. This will be my last Ford. I had several transmission tweaks at 20,000 miles. MAF sensor puked at 28,000 ($650). Differential died at 58,000 miles ($2500). Now my transmission needs new bearings at 63,000 miles. Of course my warranty was void last month so I have to foot a bill for over $2500 to fix the transmission on a 3.5 year old vehicle. Very not cool. This truck is a daily driver, not a workhorse by any stretch of the imagination. Goodbye Ford, it's time for a Ram.

Favorite Features

Styling and power.

Suggested Improvements

A reliable truck that functions properly would be beneficial!

Problems after 100,000 km
By catrunner953

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck when it had 59,000 km. Never had any problems exceot for an odd ticking noise when idling. Seems as soon as I hit 100,000 km things started to go. Between 100,000 and 120,000 km the window regulator on my drivers door failed...window simply dropped. I started to get a rough idle and the check engine light came on and ran very bad just long enough for me to pull over, but suddenly it smoothed out. Odd clunking noise from the rear end and shifting started to get rough. Then a fuel injector went, plugs went, catalyctic went. Great truck until 100,000 km. Sell it at 99,000 or you will be sorry...

Favorite Features

Great looks! Nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the reliability . A 100k truck is pretty sad.

Best F-150 I've Owned So Far
By GK20TH

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I special ordered this truck from a local dealership. I love this F-150, I have owned a 1996, 1997 and a 2003 prior to this 2006. This 06 is by far the best, I ordered this truck with the FX4 Luxury package and love having the audio and A/C controls on the steering wheel. I have had only one problem with this vehicle and that is the drivers side power window motor went out. I had to replace the entire window regulator. I thought it was odd that the motor went out with only 34,000 miles. I love this pickup and with me only putting on about 8000 miles a year I expect this truck to last me quite awhile. It's no wonder the F-150 continues to be the best selling vehicle in the country.

Favorite Features

Love the look of the FX4 version. The FX4 luxury package is great for those who want some of the features of a lariat version. The A/C and audio controls attached to the steering wheel are wonderful. The captain's chairs are wonderful and love the fact this truck drives like a car. Sirius Sat Radio.

Suggested Improvements

Ok a common complaint, lack of storage space or should I say lack of small storage spaces. Would be nice to have a small space to hold like a wallet or cellphone besides the cup holders.

06 F150 SUPERCREW 2 WHEEL DRIVE 5.4 L
By f1raptor

Haved owned the 06 F150 SUPERCREW 5.4L now for 5 yrs and just turning 30,000 miles. No problems to date just change the oil every 5000 and keep driving. Going to try and push this truck anouther 5 yrs and see what happens, would buy anouther F150 if i had to.

Favorite Features

Love the fit and finish of this truck and the style. I get a lot of complaments from people when they see this truck.

Suggested Improvements

5.4L a little slow, but would opt for the new 6.2L V-8 in the new F150.

2006 5.4L xlt 4x4
By canrinusace

I love this truck, ive had it for a year and half. Was a little gutless when I first purchased it, but after switching out my Battery, changing to full synthetic 5w30, with top a top end oil filter, and air filter I was able to bring out that awesome triton power. Towed 10k lbs on a ball from Calgary to medicine hat (mostly flat with a few long grades 3-6%) and I hardly could tell I had so much weight back there. This truck has seen mudding in the mounts, towing across country, hell I drove it threw a river, got a squeaky belt and kept right on going lol. In town she looks good, when its time to work shes ready to go. There are issues with these trucks, however I haven't got any yet!

Favorite Features

Massive towing (3.73 4x4 with locking diff, trailer brakes) Comfortable ride (old man ford style) Great in slippery conditions although the backend is very light! Shes a looker! I get many comments on the look of my truck :) Roomie!!! I am 6'3 and 370lbs, I require space and this truck has it in spades! And how bout all that triton power, first off if ur looking to race people with your truck, get a ram, if your looking to I donno pull the how on earth can ur truck handle that, this is the truck for you!

Suggested Improvements

Ford really needs to do something about the spark plug issue, I do have the updated motor that was released in mid 06 to help resolve the issue, however im still worried and am due for my plugs to be changed. Also with research its been found that the ports wear out over time and a heavier oil is required to remove the triton tick, as the valves wear out in the aluminum blocks over time and require a thicker oil to continue proper lubrication, ford should have stuck to forged steel in there blocks for this motor, despite the increased price for it! LT tires are a must, its a heavy truck and off pavement driving on anything but LT tires destroys them.