2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
very happy with this truck
By pandabear on 04/06/09 06:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first purchased pick up after previously owning an 05 mustang, and i will never be able to drive another car again. I have the 5.4. And driving it proper i manage about 16 and a 1/2 mpg. This is the smoothest truck I've ever set foot in. But it can also be an aggressive monster off road. I love its looks, inside and out. I love the shifter in the middle it looks good and is in a perfect arm reaching area. It is pretty powerful. I havent had the pleasure of testing out its great tow capacity yet. Overall I love it.

City Boy Truck
By howard on 11/01/08 11:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I use this truck for towing jet and ski boats, four wheelers, snow mobiles and often have a four wheeler in the bed. About 20,000 miles into this truck the brakes went bad and Ford told me, "I drive the truck wrong," and did not stand by their product. I have 2 other friends one has a 07 Ford F-150 and his brakes are going out as well and the other friend has a 2005 and has replaced the brakes 3 times. Brakes on these trucks are terrible. My rotors are shot and it about jumps off the road everytime I stop. I would not recommend this truck to anyone that actually uses a truck for pulling and hauling. I can't wait for my lease to be up so I can get out. The truck looks good and that's it.

Expectations met!
By Tim on 06/12/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have been looking for a crew cab pickup for 6 months. Checked them all out, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan & Toyota. The F-150 was the best. It just drove so much nicer than any other plus was the best looking. The Lariat has all you need for bells and whistle's. The Smoketown/Beige 2 tone exterior color is sweet! Only complaint would be the gas mileage. If you really baby it and coast to stop signs and such you can get 20mph but that's no fun.

All Aboard!
By PauL on 04/05/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Needed room for 6 people. This one fits the bill perfectly. Comfort is A1. But when the back windows are rolled down, sounds like a freight train and the high pitch humming sound kills your ears. The front end shimmies even with new tires. Really disapointed. Gas miliage stinks too. Seems as though braking could be better.

My Truck
By CHIP STANLEY on 03/15/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my "King Ranch"! The only drawback is gas mileage is and has been from the start only about 13.9 mpg! The leather is awesome and the ride is perfect!

Don't buy this truck!
By steve on 11/22/07 15:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new last year. I travel alot for my job, so I need something comfortable and reliable. When I was in Mississippi, I was driving about 30 mph on a back road when it sounded like I hit a roadside bomb. My truck stopped. I got out only to find a huge puddle of coolant, pieces of metal and what I later discovered was transmission fluid. they towed the truck to a Ford dealership in Memphis Tennessee, and found out that my transmission blew up. The force cracked the engine block, broke the suspension, broke the radiator, and cracked the truck's frame! So I was stuck 7 hrs away from home with a totaled truck, trying to find a new car, and I missed my daughter's birthday!

My F-150
By LUIS on 10/14/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I used to drive a Silverado and its performance was OK, but its interior design cannot compare with the one from the F-150. Now I can pull more weight as my boat and work requirements demand. Its engine is quiet and powerful, so I recognize that I have to maintain it properly.

Nice truck
By mjffarms on 10/05/07 06:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I farm and the truck pulls a double axle trailer easily--quiet--smooth riding. I've had Ford trucks for thirty years--has been my favorite

Great F-150
By gus on 08/05/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The design inside and outside is great. The space in the supercrew backseat is great. The only fault is the 4.6 feels underpowered.

Need some power - look elsewhere!
By Mike Keating on 08/03/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 F150 Supercrew 4.6 litre in October of 2006. This was the 1st new truck I had ever owned, man have I been disapointed. Under normal driving conditions I suppose for most the power of the 4.6 litre is adequete. As soon as I hooked my 19 ft boat up to it man where'd the power go Ford? With my Chevy I never even knew the boat was back there, not with this motor. If you plan to haul even the smallest camper/boat do not get an F150 with the 4.6 litre, it's awful! If you are looking for a pickup that drives like a car, buy it. If you need a truck with some power for work/play dont buy an F150 w/ this motor. Overall as soon as I can financially trade this Ford F150 in its gone!