2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Expectations met!
By Tim on 06/12/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have been looking for a crew cab pickup for 6 months. Checked them all out, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan & Toyota. The F-150 was the best. It just drove so much nicer than any other plus was the best looking. The Lariat has all you need for bells and whistle's. The Smoketown/Beige 2 tone exterior color is sweet! Only complaint would be the gas mileage. If you really baby it and coast to stop signs and such you can get 20mph but that's no fun.

All Aboard!
By PauL on 04/05/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Needed room for 6 people. This one fits the bill perfectly. Comfort is A1. But when the back windows are rolled down, sounds like a freight train and the high pitch humming sound kills your ears. The front end shimmies even with new tires. Really disapointed. Gas miliage stinks too. Seems as though braking could be better.

My Truck
By CHIP STANLEY on 03/15/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my "King Ranch"! The only drawback is gas mileage is and has been from the start only about 13.9 mpg! The leather is awesome and the ride is perfect!

Don't buy this truck!
By steve on 11/22/07 15:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new last year. I travel alot for my job, so I need something comfortable and reliable. When I was in Mississippi, I was driving about 30 mph on a back road when it sounded like I hit a roadside bomb. My truck stopped. I got out only to find a huge puddle of coolant, pieces of metal and what I later discovered was transmission fluid. they towed the truck to a Ford dealership in Memphis Tennessee, and found out that my transmission blew up. The force cracked the engine block, broke the suspension, broke the radiator, and cracked the truck's frame! So I was stuck 7 hrs away from home with a totaled truck, trying to find a new car, and I missed my daughter's birthday!

My F-150
By LUIS on 10/14/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I used to drive a Silverado and its performance was OK, but its interior design cannot compare with the one from the F-150. Now I can pull more weight as my boat and work requirements demand. Its engine is quiet and powerful, so I recognize that I have to maintain it properly.

Nice truck
By mjffarms on 10/05/07 06:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I farm and the truck pulls a double axle trailer easily--quiet--smooth riding. I've had Ford trucks for thirty years--has been my favorite

Great F-150
By gus on 08/05/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The design inside and outside is great. The space in the supercrew backseat is great. The only fault is the 4.6 feels underpowered.

Need some power - look elsewhere!
By Mike Keating on 08/03/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 F150 Supercrew 4.6 litre in October of 2006. This was the 1st new truck I had ever owned, man have I been disapointed. Under normal driving conditions I suppose for most the power of the 4.6 litre is adequete. As soon as I hooked my 19 ft boat up to it man where'd the power go Ford? With my Chevy I never even knew the boat was back there, not with this motor. If you plan to haul even the smallest camper/boat do not get an F150 with the 4.6 litre, it's awful! If you are looking for a pickup that drives like a car, buy it. If you need a truck with some power for work/play dont buy an F150 w/ this motor. Overall as soon as I can financially trade this Ford F150 in its gone!

Copper Ranch
By MDI on 07/10/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

Great vehicle. Only hiccup was the transmission console shifter had an interior switch that went out. This caused the transmission to go haywire and could not get it into proper gear. This required a tow and was in warranty. Same problem happened on my 2004 FX4, but that one was out of warranty. Sounds like a defective switch. Best ride of any pick-up that I've riden in. Gas mileage is not great however. The Ethonal blends that I use seem to get much worse gas mileage ... more than offsetting their slightly lower cost per gallon. So E- 85 may not be an option.

Glad to be rid of this one
By justaguy on 06/26/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My F150 spends way to much time in the shop. In one year, less than 17,000 miles, the following items have failed: Steering rack, ABS sensors(2), 4wd locking hub relay, AC/Heat fan. Each failure required two trips to the shop, one to diagnose the problem and order the parts, a second for the actual repair. In addition, I had check engine light problems twice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.