2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
The best truck I have ever owned
By frank on 01/26/06 00:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several trucks. This one is the best. There is no comparison to a Chevy Silverado. It handles, runs, drives and corners much better. The fuel economy is great. I average 22 MPG on the freeway with the a/c on. The truck is very quiet inside while driving at 75 and above. It feels like you are sitting in your living room on the freeway even at high speeds; you don't feel bumps. Off road, it can't be beat. It never gets stuck in sand. Living in the desert, I see a lot of sand. The truck takes it like you are on a city street. I have recommended the F150 to several friends and they love them also. Overall, this is by far the best truck on the road. It can't be beat.

SuperCrew
By Peter on 01/25/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My only other consideration was a Nissan Titan. I found the Ford to be much more what I liked in the end.The F150 just felt more like a truck and it's bigger. The Titan is nice, but its almost over refined. I want a truck that feels and looks like a truck. The F150 is easy to add mods to and I liked that as well. I'm glad I went back to American vehicle ownership. It makes me proud to drive it everyday.

I Luv My Truck
By joel pedigo on 01/18/06 19:35 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had been looking at this style truck for about a year. The cargo doors on my single cab are the stuff, very handy on the job site. This truck makes Chevy lovers drool. I love it.

What a truck!
By Gregg on 01/17/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Only owning it for a few days I cannot speak about reliability. In my opinion it is the best looking of all the new trucks. Seats are firm but comfy. Rear seat access is wonderful. It makes me smile every time I walk outside! Ford's lease program is outstanding!

Back to Ford
By tomt on 01/17/06 01:30 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had my new F150 for three weeks. Love this truck. I had my Chevy truck for 10 years before this, but no regrets for the change. The second day that I had the truck I took it to the mountains and used the 4WD in the snow. This truck is well balanced and handles great in the wet, dry or in the snow. The interior design is excellent, great quality materials. The pop out cup holders are the only thing that seem a bit weak. Power seems great, but you do have to be careful not to speed since the truck is so quiet. Love this truck.

Few more extras
By Larry Murchison on 01/16/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2006 Harley Davidson is a very good vehicle and wonderful to drive. However after driving it for two weeks I find that Ford left out a few items. No light in hood or locking glovebox. And it could use a few more horsepower.

Ford makes a great, durable truck
By Katie on 01/05/06 17:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

When I first went to the dealership, I was originally looking for a small car for my grandmother. I had gotten my license about a week earlier and had already put a down payment on a BMW, but when I saw the truck over on the other side of the lot I was thinking,” I bet I can drive one of those!" So we took it for a test drive and I was hooked ... the interior was beautifully designed, and it handled very well, I honestly was impressed, because I always thought of trucks as big, clunky hunks of work-type vehicles, but now I know otherwise.

Ford Rules!
By warewolf32 on 01/03/06 16:35 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just had this truck for little over a month now, and it's been nothing but great. The first new vehicle I've ever owned and not griped about something about it after having it for a short amount of time. The fit and finish and overall looks and performance for such a big engine has been the best experience I've ever had with Ford truck.

So far so good
By tetsmmb on 01/01/06 04:23 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just picked up my new F150 and I love it! Perfect right out of the box. Good performance, comfortable and quiet. My kids love all the room in the back seat. Crew cab is the way to go.

First Ford Pickup
By Sam on 12/25/05 01:39 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ford continues to have a "Better Idea". It doesn't have the best engine, it doesn't have the most impressive interior or exterior, but in the final analysis, it is the sales leader year in and year out because of the package. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts and that is the key. It offers an excellent combination of comfort, power and styling that aces its competition. My XLT Crew Cab with Texas and Oklahoma Package came with power seat, mp3, 6 disc CD, running boards, 4.6L V8, automatic, keyless entry, 3 interior power points, enough room for six adults and it can tow a small yacht with ease. It's about the package. It is not the best at anything specific, but best overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.