2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By McCannibal on 04/22/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck to own and I love it. It rides great, drives great, and feels great. I used to own a 4 door mercedes and this truck has WAY more room in the back seat than the mercedes had. this truck hauls like a champ although your mileage will decline (as expected) There are only 3 problems I have with it. 1. The driver' side door rattles a little when over rough roads or bumps. 2. The ash tray rattles a little over rough roads or bumps. 3. Ever since they started adding ethanol to the gas my fuel economy has dropped significantly (From 20 MPG to about 16) Overall, I really love this truck and will continue buying ford trucks.

65K Miles and Still LOVE IT!
By FordDriver on 02/06/10 09:44 AM (PST)

I have had this truck for almost 4 years and have 65K miles on it. The only issues I have had are the F-150 emblems peeling and the 3rd brake light leaking. Brakes are still good and I haven't had any maintenance issues at all. The mileage averages about 14-15 and horrible (about 9) when towing, although this is expected for a gasoline engine. The ride is very comfortable and actually quieter and a bit smoother than my wife's Infiniti. I would buy again if asked!

Great truck!
By Tim on 10/12/09 11:57 AM (PDT)

I purchased this truck because I have to haul a large boat. I had a Chevy Tahoe that just didn't haul it well. This truck is awesome for hauling and room. I've had people who have never been in a large truck comment on how much room and comfortable both front and back seats are. The Lariat package is nice with all the toys. It rides nice for a truck and handles better than the suv I had. The standard tires are bad, I'm going to replace those before winter. I little more HP would be ok too

Glad to be rid of this one
By justaguy on 06/26/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

My F150 spends way to much time in the shop. In one year, less than 17,000 miles, the following items have failed: Steering rack, ABS sensors(2), 4wd locking hub relay, AC/Heat fan. Each failure required two trips to the shop, one to diagnose the problem and order the parts, a second for the actual repair. In addition, I had check engine light problems twice.

My awesome experience
By Robert Dent on 11/08/06 20:45 PM (PST)

This is the best truck that I have owned in the last 25 years. The interior makes me the envy of my co-workers. The Smokestone/Arizona beige paint combination really stands out. Power and maneuverability in this truck is unbelievable. You would not think that by the way it handles that this is a big, heavy truck.

Ford A/C
By Leo on 08/09/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

A/C just wouldn't work right from the git-go. Local dealer worked on it 4 times. Finally took it to the selling dealer and an HONEST technician informed me that Ford geniuses put smaller A/C's in these trucks. How incredibly STUPID. I just can't believe I am paying $40k for a truck that doesn't cool off. In South Texas it's 110 in the shade. What the heck happened to the usually intelligent engineers at Ford? I am, for the first time. incredibly disappointed with my Ford truck.

Gas Mileage Poor
By David on 08/07/06 07:50 AM (PDT)

Bought the truck in Feb 06. On board computer rated gas mileage on highway at 11.4, then after 2 months moved to 13.4. Not knowing how accurate this was, I checked the mileage myself 3 times, only to see at best 12.5 MPG. This is somewhat lower than manufacturer's rating for this truck. I was greatly disappointed. Had an 02 Sierra with 5.3, got over 18 MPG with it. Ride was better, seats more comfortable. Ford looks good, but mileage not satisfactory.

Just What We Wanted
By Chuck on 03/10/06 12:35 PM (PST)

Traded 01 Supercrew for 06. It meets our needs perfectly. Interior finish & passenger accommodations are excellent. The short bed holds everything 2 adults and 3 kids need to travel. Gas mileage is down from 01 but slightly exceeds predictions. The ride is quiet & a little stiff but handling is excellent. Interior storage space is minimal (rear underseat space taken up by the sub woofer). Rear seaters miss individual reading lights. Wheel wells (especially rear) are not closed off as well as the 01 & are difficult to keep clean (also impacts looks). Side impact strip would prevent "door dings". "Nit Pick": would like more substantial grill in vehicle in this price range.

Great truck/Watch the gas mileage
By Gray on 11/25/05 12:01 PM (PST)

I love this truck. It's comfortable and fun to drive. The gas mileage is lower than I would like. It was only around 17 on the highway when I first bought it. However, driving carefully and using a good synthetic oil, I'm able to get about 18 mpg on the highway. Around town, I only get about 14.

I've become a truck man
By Marco on 09/10/05 01:41 AM (PDT)

This truck reeks quality. I'm impressed with the attention to detail. Looks extra hot with 22" rims. I have the 4x2 SuperCrew Lariat. I recently decided to take a short cut through the canyons (Hwy 74 Ortega Hwy.) This truck handles the curves extremely well. I also took it to Rosarito Mexico; the ride was very nice and I got lot of head turns on the way. I happen to own several vehicles but I seem to have gotten addicted to driving my F150.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.