Used 2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Bestest Truck
By Mike

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Recently bought this truck used. My first BIG TRUCK. Also my first V8. Awesome power added with the 4X4 and you have a powerful truck that can do just about anything you may ask it to. You can't go wrong with the best built truck on the market. I recently slid on some ice and hit a guardrail going about 35mph and I was not hurt at all and the truck only had some fender damage (and the airbags work!). FORD TOUGH is right on - probably saved me from being hurt.

Favorite Features

The room in the cab is great. I don't need a 4 door cab, so this one suits me fine. Plus I like having the extra room in the truck while still having the 8 foot bed. 4X4 is always a plus.

Suggested Improvements

Just like everyone else that owns a big truck, I'll gripe about the fuel cost sometimes, but that usually goes away once I get behind the wheel.

FX4 Rules
By 03fx4

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

From a former Chevy owner this truck is great! I have had no problems with this truck. The 4.6l could use a little more power but is solid and reliable engine.

Favorite Features

FX4 is a great package. Ride height is impressive, seats are comfortable on a road trip.

Suggested Improvements

More low end power, louder exhaust. Flowmasters sound great with these modular V8s. A better stereo would also be great.

nice truck
By Baubalu

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I,ve taken this truck on several vacations out west.,the gas mileage was pretty good. Driving in snow and ice this winter was great with the limited slip rear-end, who needs 4wd.

Favorite Features

confort, limited slip rear-end

Suggested Improvements

none

Good and Bad
By jcpf250

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had a '97 f-150 4.6 ran great but traded it in for a '03 f-150 5.4 because the '97 had 210,000 miles. The '97 never had major problems. The '03 I have pretty much sucks. Motor knocks on a cold start, tranny shifts funny, and the rear diff "grabs" when making a sharpe turn. Needless to say the '03 is for sale.

Favorite Features

The power pedals and power rear window in the '03 is pretty nice to have. Although the quality of the 5.4 in my opinion sucks, it pulls nice w/ a 6,000lbs trailer. The '97 w/ the 4.6 was underpowered but held up longer than the 5.4

Suggested Improvements

I've heard of other people not liking the 5.4 due to problems. Same goes for the rear diff. In fact I've heard bad stories about all American trucks except for the power stroke and duramax.

first truck
By Randy Hummel

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

First truck I've owned, so far, so goos. It is the work truck package.

Suggested Improvements

MAke things like tilt wheel and center front armrest standard.