Used 2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
Owner
By JJewett

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck I have owned

Love my King Ranch but...
By TGP

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab King Ranch Rwd Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love my King Ranch F150, no majar issues after 110K miles besides normal wear and tear with mechanical, brakes, etc. Interior leather is the best, will never own another truck besides Ford King Ranch! Only problem I had is rusting on the inside of lower door panels. Rust warranty would not cover that repair, dealer told me it had to be rsuted all the way through for warranty to cover which was upsetting to hear. I tried to repair myself but the rust along the inside edge keeps returning. I plan on buying a new 2009 King Ranch in a year, Ford builds a great truck!

Favorite Features

King Ranch leather seats! Leather seats clean up great with King Ranch leather cleaner/conditioner. I have dogs that sometimes scratch the leather but the cleaner removes the marks. The leather is a saddle leather, not painted leather found in most cars and trucks. You will not be disapointed!

Suggested Improvements

Wish the bed of truck was longer for a crew cab but then it may not fit inside my garage.

Update to an earlier review
By smoo4arp

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

During the polar vortex-initiated temperature drop, we had to take someone who desperately needed protection from the cold (since he was about 7 and a half miles away from work and he was going to have to drive through ice-specifically the nasty black stuff.) With a far from top flight battery and less than a quarter of a tank of gas, it sailed through taking our friend to work and getting us back home and all the features worked from the air bags to the radio, overhead, and odometer displays-it was a sight to see. The Chrysler van we could have had to settle for was having problems in 50 degree rain, but this truck just works, even in the 0s. (Granted, it was sunny, but c'mon now.)

Favorite Features

Reliability, engine, fluff, transmission, tailgate (it's more heavy duty than the bumper!), in other words, EVERYTHING! I could bore you with how ecstatic I am with our truck.

Suggested Improvements

Make the HomeLink Universal Transciever standard on all F-150 models (as long as it has TravelNote) for those people who actually want to remember they need to call people without having their cell phone on. You know, to save people from having accidents.

The next pivotal moment came and went!
By smoo4asw

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We had to get the F-150 emissions tested to get our tag and it sailed through the emissions test like butter after we sat there and just bought regular maintenance items (albeit several of them.) If you can have a truck, that it's a full size if entry level truck, and it can blow away everything except it's 1994 Ford Ranger companion (at least comparing main to second vehicles), that's proof of how tough Ford built it (unless of course you want to regularly change vehicles, but then again we're incredibly risk-averse, so we're not going to push a desire we don't even have.) I love this Ford F-150 and I love my Ranger and unless I have to let go of one of them I will not, and that's it!

Favorite Features

It's like my Ranger, but with room for up to 4 adults and 2 small children. It has all the technology I could ask for without any of the limitations I couldn't stand like with SYNC and OnStar. It's also got a V8 at double the displacement of the 4 cylinder in our Ranger, which makes it so good in that regard. When it works I don't have any regrets or things I don't like! Yes!

Suggested Improvements

Fire Allen R. Mullaly at Ford so that EcoBoost can go aw ah and Ford's vehicles can go back to this level of awesome, as my 1994 Ranger and 2003 F-150 are in their respective categories and as Rick's 2000 F-150 is in it's chosen niche.

I went back to my doctor in Nashville and...
By smoo4asw

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

...it went so smoothly, it was like butter, I had options for advanced technology (for the era) to use it in the truck and I just settled for listening to music on the iPod video that is vintage (almost as vintage in portable device years as the F-150 is in vehicle years) and I didn't want any more features than what the F-150 had on tap. I guess I'm not a car connoisseur like I should be, because I don't want features that require monthly expenses to cellular companies. That's really all the high-technology is, just another way for cell phone companies to get riches from you by expecting you to pay for "convenience". I can tell convenience no, you should try it too. Still so very pleased!

Favorite Features

No 3G, 4G, or other cellular data limitations in the name of "convenience", no undue hassles, pure modern performance without postmodern fluff, and everything that choice entails! Everything's a favorite feature!

Suggested Improvements

I'd be picking nits if I was to say there were any improvements needed except to resume making vehicles like this that are stylish and dependable and free of unnecessary conveniences that are really just hassle.