2008 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: So far, so good

2008 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

So far, so good
By Kayemtee on

2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

In the first month of ownership, I have no regrets about my choice. I traded a 2003 Explorer with many problems at 55k miles so I am leasing this one. I enjoy the room (at 6 feet 2, I have lots of head room and extra seat travel both of which the Explorer lacked. The ride quality is excellent, much better than the 2008 Toyota Sequoia I tested, particulary over less than perfect pavement. Power is adaquate although I haven't towed my boat yet. Turning circle is fine for such a large truck. Gas usage is not terrible given it's 5625 lb. As per the trip computer, I an averaging 15.2 on mostly highway compared to 16 on the Explorer. 6 speed transmission very smooth and low revving.

Favorite Features

Power rear liftgate very convenient at the supermarket. Rear view camera in the mirror is great (no need to order expensive navigation system in order to get rear camera unlike competitors). Heated and cooled seats work well. Sirius radio reasonably priced option. Oil and volt gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Interior looks cheap in many places; lots of hard plastic. Shortage of interior storage compartments in rear (where do I keep my trailer hitch?) Dash instruments look like they come from a '62 Mercury. Toyota dash is much nicer.