New Expedition EL. Owner.
By dnkal1 on
2007 Ford Expedition SSV Fleet 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
We've owned the vehicle for about 10 days now and we have traveled from Phoenix to Flagstaff to Albuquerque to Dallas and back to Phoenix. The ride and comfort is even better than expected. The road noise is extremely low. The turning radius is very tight. The third row is the roomiest by far and I have test driven just about every full size SUV out there. This third row is not an afterthought, it is by design suited for full size adults. I traded in my Volvo XC90 for this vehicle primarily due to the cramped quarters it presented as our (4) boys are growing fast. Getting in and out is very easy with the smart fold down second row. Even these bench style 2nd row seats recline for added comfort.
Favorite Features
-Full size spacious third row. -Good amount of cargo space in my EL version. -Smart seat folding. -Drive comfort and handling. -Quiet interior.
Suggested Improvements
-Lose headliner for rear ac ducting. -Lack of "Dual Zone" radio function. -3rd row reclining seats would be great for those long trips. -Would like to see more continuity of exterior design style. -Plastic chrome trim rings around speedometer display looks cheap. -Built in DC/AC converter.