One of my all time least favorite cars
By thorpaj on
2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
This car has been in my possession for 9 months. I drive a lot of company vehicles and rentals through my job, and this is just not a very good vehicle. It is noisy, does not handle well, has very hard gear shifts at times, absolutely terrible rear view site lines, gets about 22.5 mpg with almost all highway driving (cruise control mostly). For the price get a way better sedan, there really is not all that much more room it he trunk to warrant getting this over a good sedan. Heck I had the fusion hybrid as my previous vehicle and it was great. Oh, one last thing, the acceleration is inadequate, sometimes I need a quick burst for highway driving and there is a dangerous 2 second lag.
Favorite Features
Interior layout, power driver seat. It looks decent from the outside.
Suggested Improvements
Fix MPG issues, redesign rear sight lines, fix transmission, ...heck just start over, this was not ready for the market.
By walk_the_walk2
on 05/12/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

Thanks for your review. We have had a litany of problems, including a major mechanical breakdown at 730 miles while breaking in the car. So, I hear you. But, the lag problem you describe we have never experienced. We do use Mid-grade gas almost exclusively. Have you tried that? Are you using regular?