Used 2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

My 13 Escape
By Snowman

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2013 Ford Escape I had was an outstanding vehicle. I put over 70K on it in three years driving cross country twice. I never felt compromised in any situation whether it was snow, rain , mountains or just straight highway driving. Plenty of acceleration with ECO Boost (turbo) great gas mileage usually @ 30 highway 24 city. My wife is a small woman and was very pleased with control access and road view. I'll just say that we liked it so much we traded it and bought a 2016 Escape:)

Recalls...transmission...now what?
By Mike

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got back from a 1200 mile trip and the transmission started shifted poorly. I've occasionally had a few slips here and there and while it caused a slight concern, it did not happen enough to warrant further investigation. Now, the car won't run and I'm told it's $5000 to fix it!!! Not only will I not have a car for a week, I just lost my vacation $$ for the next 2 years. Thanks Ford!! The worst part about all this....I actually own Ford stock! It will take about 10 years of dividends to pay this bill...UGH

NEVER A FORD AGAIN!!!!
By gamergirl

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all the epa needs to investigate ford for it's mileage as it is way underestimated!! I would be lucky to get 21 mpg city and 25 hywy. Next lets talk about the 1000 recalls that where on it when I bought it. I'm almost 40 years old and this is my first new/used car. I didn't do my research at all! Got it in and loved it. Had all the bells and whistle that didn't work half the time. Not to mention the sync, navigation, hands free, and radio having a mind of it's own. Never new what or how to get a code for the outside of the door. The back door clamps broke and the door wouldn't open. They finally broke and we would have had to replace the entire inner door frame. Also, front axels needed replaced, TURBO LEAKING OIL! Guess what I don't have a car. I'm down 2k from what I owe. Only had it 2 years with 81k miles on it. Taking a HUGE loss. Never go near a ford again. Also, my mother has the eco boost with 31K on her car and she is trading it in. Won't deal with that BS AGAIN!!

Escape from your Escape
By Steve

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have 2013 Ford Escape, with 5 recalls in three years. Now transmission is slipping and stalls. This SUV is not very reliable. Before the coolant leaked three times. Had it repaired twice. Now I now why Ford is referred to as Found on the Road Dead!

My Last Ford
By Jennifer

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Ford Escape as a new model. I never expected to have so many concerns/problems with a new vehicle. It jerks into gear, and grabs when the brakes are pressed. It is like driving a golf cart. It has been recalled several times, and the interior is poorly manufactured. The cargo cover is asymmetrical leaving a gaping hole in the floorboard, and the handle in the cargo area is not secure. I have taken to several Ford Dealerships. One essentially told me I would have to live with the defects even though the vehicle is under warranty. I have had conflicted reports from dealerships. One did indicate transmission issues at less than 36K, and attempted a repair. Apparently Ford does not stand behind the vehicles it manufactures. I plan on selling this vehicle as soon as possible, and will never buy another Ford. On a positive note, the radio is nice and works, but it is little consolation when concerned the transmission is going to fail. It is unfortunate, as this vehicle is made locally, and I like to support local economy. Mediocre gas mileage as well, nothing green about this car. Plan on selling ASAP before the warranty runs out, and I am stuck with a huge repair bill. I am a conscientious driver, and tend to keep a car for their lifetime. Guess, this Ford's lifetime is 36,000. Hmmmm......about the time the warranty runs out.