2013 Ford Edge Consumer Review: 2013 Limited with 2.0L ecoboos

2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

2013 Limited with 2.0L ecoboost
By tclaude on

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now put my first 1000 miles on my new 2013 limited with ecoboost. Overall I am very happy with the nice ride and performance of the car. I do agree that the Ford entertainment system needs improvement. I did just upgrade the software and noticed a few improvements. The Sony Navigation system is just plain Pain full to use. The 2.0 liter turbo is amazingly quick when you have to punch it. I have a friend with the 2013 V6 in his edge and the turbo seems a lot quicker. Down sides I found were road noise from the trunk area. At 60 mph it is terrible. I had to line the truck under the tire with 1" marine sound proofing. Also the Michelin green tires are very noisy at highway speed.

1). Leg room, I am 6' 1" 2). Very nice two tone leather 3). 10 way power seats are very nice 4). Quick acceleration and quiet engine 5). Entertainment system is pretty good, I installed a external 500 gig USB disk drive in the lower console compartment with dozens of my favorite albums on it. 6). The power lift gate is great, just keep in mind it drives slow so don't bang your head.

1). Road noise coming from tire storage area is excessive 2). Michelin Green series tires are very loud 3). Sony navigation system is poor. They need to copy Garmin for ease of use. 4). Car need running lights, the LED strips don't light up the road at all.