Edge continuous problems
By grayling on
2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have a 2012 Edge Limited AWD which is about 1 month old and has already been in the shop 3 times. While I enjoy the ride and handling of the vehicle the build quality suffers quite a bit. The SYNC and My Ford Touch systems are a complete disaster that the dealer will not tell you about prior to purchase. The screen locks up, goes blank, won't pair with my phone most of the time and the voice commands are usually not understood. Ford's answer to this is "take out fuse #29, wait 3 minutes and reinstall the fuse", then they tell you a new software update to fix the problems will be out in a couple of months. This will be update #3, I sure hope it works or this will be my last Ford.
Favorite Features
Ride, handling, SYNC/My Ford Touch....when it works which is seldom.
Suggested Improvements
SYNC/My Ford Touch. Why put a system out when you know it doesn't work? Mileage. I am averaging 15 mpg city and 18 mpg highway and I am a light throttle driver (window sticker mileage is posted at 19 city, 25 highway.) Front seats need to be quite forward for 2nd row seats to fold down. If the front seats are in a normal driving position the 2nd row seat headrests will hit the back of the front seats and not fold down.