2010 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Transmission is poorly designe

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Transmission is poorly designed
By John on

2010 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I now have 11,000 miles on this vehicle after six months and I can't say enough how I dislike this car. The biggest problem is the transmission. This car hesitates at the worst time and it's usually when you are changing lanes. Step on the gas and nothing happens for a second or two. And with six gears it is always changing gears and you feel every shift in gear up and down. My manual 1967 Beetle had a smoother transmission then this car. Ford said nothing is wrong with it so I guess it drives like they designed it to...very poorly. Also you can't see anything out the rear when backing up because it's not physically possible. This is an underpowered car that looks like an SUV.

Sirius radio, Optional remote start, leather seats, backup alarm, heated seats, automatic dimming rearview mirror

A transmission designed to work with this car, bigger windows to see when backiung up, less of an angle on windshield so you don't look at reflection of dashboard, a rear door window that opens like the Explorer, better gas millage or at least coming close to what it is rated for.