enjoy but be aware of potential prblems
By ray on
2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
I've had this car for over 4 years and have put on 85,000 miles. The engine is quiet & without problems primarily because I have used mobil 1 since new. The 2.7 engine has a history of sludging and failing by 100k (many times earlier) if you do normal oil changes with regular oil. I.e., the oil cooks in the engine. However, if you can find a low mileage version (2.7 L) or one with 3.5 L engine, you should be okay AS LONG AS YOU USE MOBIL ONE. (if you don't believe me ask any mechanic with real experience with the 2.7 L engine. YOU SHOULD BE REALLY SUSPCIOUS OF A HIGH ENGINE 2.7 L (definitely have mechanic check one of these).
Favorite Features
super handling. Has lots of power at higher speeds (like passing or over 55 mph) You can go from 70 to 90 fast (but not 0 to 45). Comfortable size. power driver's seat helpful if you're tall. I'm already looking to buy a lower mileage version (I like the car & only because I knew about the 2.7 L)
Suggested Improvements
slow from a light but acceptable. Hard to see backing up. Getting close to something when parking is tricky.