2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews 4

2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
I Don't Love It
By shehawken on 02/27/10 19:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

10-15,000 miles in since I bought it at 40K. I'm coming off of a 9 year relationship with a '98 Bonneville so I'm a little biased but this is NOT the best automobile I've ever owned. The ride is all right, the fuel mileage is abysmal, it gets pushed around like a minivan in cross winds and the build quality is a little suspect (the brakes were completely replaced by the time I bought it at 40K, as was the climate control module. And recently 2 quarts of oil just disappeared from the engine).It's a little hard to see traffic lights (I'm tall) but I still just like to walk out and look at it. The styling is just fantastic. I'll take pictures because it might be the last Chrysler I ever own.

Luxury, Performance, Coolness, & Quality
By Speedle on 02/21/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have put over 39,000 miles on our 300C in the past 4 years. No problems at all. The Hemi makes it fun to drive and the hi tech goodies are easy to use. The Boston Sound System is absolutely the best car radio I have heard. Talk about value for your dollar. I usually trade cars every 3 or 4 years, but I can't come up with a good reason to trade this one.

LOV my 2006 300 Limited
By Asim on 02/17/10 11:13 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have been a proud owner of a 06 300 limited, it was love at first sight and obsession at first test drive. i regularly extract 30+ MPG on hwy and city is 17.5/18.5 MPG depends how u use it. its a real show stopper, and and head turner, it has this presence on the road which commands respect from other motorists.

Cost alot to own one
By curt on 02/01/10 10:25 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car costs alot to own and maintain. At 40,000 miles new tie rod ends, then again at 90,000 miles. new lateral arms, right rear axle seal leak, transmission leak, power steering leak, and several front end alignments. I was going to give this car to my Son to drive, but I wouldn't be doing him any favors there. If you have alot of money to spend keeping this car on the road, this is the one for you.

For a Blast Drive a 300C
By Mark on 12/09/09 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in November of 2006. It combines, power, handling and luxury all in one package. After owning high end Lincolns, Oldsmobiles and Buicks, this auto is one of my favorites with exception to the Buick Park Avenue. The 300C AWD intertwines ample power, superb handling and amenities that gives the driver and passengers a superior auto experience. In three years of ownership there have only been two visits to the dealership and the problems were a tech bulletin notice for a transmission seal leak and the navigation CD failed. Both were handled with no residual problems. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, side by side with my Park Avenue!

Best car I have ever owned !!!!
By Chris on 11/04/09 16:07 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever purchased. I have had roughly 16 new vehicles of all makes and models. This car is so fast and fun to drive. It has more horsepower than just about anything on the road. It handles like a race car and accelerates like on too. I bought this car because it was the only 4 door on the dealer's lot with a DVD in it for my 3 year old daughter. She was driving me crazy on road trips.. Little did I know what exactly I had just done. I just purchased the best car for the value on the market today.

Looks good but made with cheap parts!
By Julia Davis on 10/11/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is made with cheap parts that will keep you at a dealer. ALL the pins in my motor broke in half and they were hollow. The mechanic said that most pins are solid all the way through so if they broke once they will do it again. Every time I took it in, I was told they get alot of 300's in with all types of problems and most of them have to do with the motor. I love the look but hate the way it kept me at a dealer. Im glad I got rid of it.

Satisfied
By Dave on 09/15/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

At 41000 miles, I give Chrysler the thumbs up for this one. This car has been fun to drive. The tires don't last long but that is a result of the tire melting 425 hp. The brakes also make this car great. The brembos really bring this heavy car to a halt. Overall a great vehicle.

Awesome sedan
By southshore4 on 08/25/09 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my C and the Hemi engine. Roomy and comfortable. Great leg room for 6'2" and then some. I also drove an M for years, which had superior handling to the C. Reliability has been very good. Had worn tie rods at 30K, but Chrysler reimbursed for parts at least following my complaint letter. All components work great on this vehicle. I'll average 21 mpg in my 20 mile commute, not bad knowing that this car has unbelievable acceleration when needed/wanted.

06 300 Limited 3.5
By carhopper on 06/02/09 11:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In my opinion Chrysler does not deserve the "poor vehicle quality" reputation everyone seems to know them by. I purchased my 300 as a one year old used car with 23k existing miles on it. I have owned the car for nearly two years now and the odometer currently reads 63000. I have never had to bring this car into the shop for any repair work of any type. Nothing has ever broken. It alway starts and gets me where I need to go. The brakes are original and still have life left.