Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Unreliable, built to fail
By baconandeggs

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Do your research! People are giving star rating based on the looks/cosmetics of the car and not talking about the engine that will fail on you with low mileage! I've had the engine rebuilt and just recently, the transmission. The mechanic who rebuilt my engine makes a living on fixing Hemi V8 5.7L engines. He was surprised that mine lasted 110,000 miles. That should give you a clue as to what kind care and quality control Chrysler has. I bought the car brand new in 2006 and gave nothing but synthetic oil changes and the proper maintenance. It looks great but I do not recommend this vehicle for reliability purposes.

Looks very nice and is a comfortable ride. The engine power is great when it worked.

The Hemi V8 5.7L engine was built to fail. Transmission failed on me as well.

Great looks, great drive
By sahr

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used this year. Car is 2006. Drives really nice, suspension is a tad stiff for my liking but I live down a dirt road, performs great on the highway. The 3.5L engine has enough power to push the car without feeling sluggish, but the SRT-8 would be much more fun for a speed junkie such as myself. Love the way the engine sounds when put to the floor. Gets between 16-19MPG city and 25-27 MPG hwy.

LOVE the way the car looks. Engine sounds nice when put under pressure, doesn't whine or sound weak. Tape deck on the stereo is a great added feature, allows me to listen to my old cassettes.

Boston Premium Audio is a bit weak. I would recommend that if you want a decent system, take the money and put a custom one in. Leather seats are a bit hard, but not so much that it is uncomfortable. REALLY don't like the plastic bumpers and rocker panels, but that seems to be the norm these days on newer cars.

top notch
By bigbob15

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have 97k miles on it...only gave it 7 oil changes in 6 years..neva changed the brakes..car is like superman...lik literally..hwy miles..city miles..max out 115mph weekly...still runs like new

transmission..exterior

i dont know..ive neva done serious maintenance...i would say the ac should be colder

Ugh I am so glad it's over.
By luvtoyota10

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Okay this was my fathers car. And it was such a piece of junk one day I was in the car on the highway and the steering wheel was vibrating and shaking. There were many issues with things that my father assumed were fine, but he traded it in for a Toyota Avalon. It handled like a turd and the interior was crap. But i have to admit it looked sharp in black and it rode smooth and had a quiet ride.

everything.

Chrysler 2006 Shudder Transmission Problem
By mrsshudder

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2005. I love to drive it and love the way it looks, however, I have had many problems. 2 months after I purchased the car I brought it in for shudder problems between 30 - 40 miles per hour. Going on year 7 the dealership never fixed it or could repeat the problem. They know this is a problem. They are screwing people. Now, I am out of warranty, have 170,000 miles on the car and continually get told that I need a new transmission. I am taking this to a lemon law lawyer. I also had to take the car in continually in the beginning for electrical issues such as, back window not rolling down, EBS always on. I have never broken down but feel the car is not dependable.

Look and feel of the car.

They need to fix the transmission problems.

• SUV