Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews - 385 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler 300

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

2006 Chrysler 300 Hemi died without warning
By cathy42

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best and Worst car ever owned. As far as luxury and comfort is concerned, this is the best car I ever owned. But, at 66k miles, the car died at a red light without warning or signs/symptoms of problems. It...just...shut...off! Still waiting on diagnosis from Chrysler automotive. At this point, Chrysler is charging me $320 just to tear down engine to see what is wrong. Will report back once I learn the problem. Im expecting to hear engine blown $11k in repairs. But hopefully not! BTW: I keep the car in good repair and use synthetic oil. Had a PT Cruiser for 10 years with no problems!

Best car i ever bought
By anthony89

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on Dcember 11, 2011 and it had 58,800 miles on it. Since then i have taken about 10 trips in this car. It now has 74,650 miles on it and she is still going strong. All my friends and family love my car. The build quality is amazing there are no rattles or squeaks either. I recomend this car to anybody who is looking for a good used car.

My favorite features have to be the sunroof. I have it open everytime it is warm outside. I love the power from the 3.5L V-6 engine and the fuel economy is great to.

The only inprovement that i can see would have to be the visability out of the back window.

Unreliable, built to fail
By baconandeggs

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Do your research! People are giving star rating based on the looks/cosmetics of the car and not talking about the engine that will fail on you with low mileage! I've had the engine rebuilt and just recently, the transmission. The mechanic who rebuilt my engine makes a living on fixing Hemi V8 5.7L engines. He was surprised that mine lasted 110,000 miles. That should give you a clue as to what kind care and quality control Chrysler has. I bought the car brand new in 2006 and gave nothing but synthetic oil changes and the proper maintenance. It looks great but I do not recommend this vehicle for reliability purposes.

Looks very nice and is a comfortable ride. The engine power is great when it worked.

The Hemi V8 5.7L engine was built to fail. Transmission failed on me as well.

Great looks, great drive
By sahr

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used this year. Car is 2006. Drives really nice, suspension is a tad stiff for my liking but I live down a dirt road, performs great on the highway. The 3.5L engine has enough power to push the car without feeling sluggish, but the SRT-8 would be much more fun for a speed junkie such as myself. Love the way the engine sounds when put to the floor. Gets between 16-19MPG city and 25-27 MPG hwy.

LOVE the way the car looks. Engine sounds nice when put under pressure, doesn't whine or sound weak. Tape deck on the stereo is a great added feature, allows me to listen to my old cassettes.

Boston Premium Audio is a bit weak. I would recommend that if you want a decent system, take the money and put a custom one in. Leather seats are a bit hard, but not so much that it is uncomfortable. REALLY don't like the plastic bumpers and rocker panels, but that seems to be the norm these days on newer cars.

top notch
By bigbob15

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have 97k miles on it...only gave it 7 oil changes in 6 years..neva changed the brakes..car is like superman...lik literally..hwy miles..city miles..max out 115mph weekly...still runs like new

transmission..exterior

i dont know..ive neva done serious maintenance...i would say the ac should be colder