2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Hope it holds together...
By Betty on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 300 brand new. So excited, that was short lived. It started the night mare! Sunroof, had to be totally replaced. Then yhe transmission started acting up. In and out of the dealers. Finally they put in a new one, still isn't right tho. Waited weeks for the transmission, in the dealer more than out. Sad. So then, the tires wore out in about 16,000- 20,000 miles, kinda a tire recall, but I got stuck paying for them. Then at 30,000 miles on a trip a sensor goes out in Iowa. Never ending. Love the look but a Corvette is on it's way. Think twice before you fall in love with a 300! They have low resale and will empty your pockets!

Great value
By kgus on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 300 C three years ago as a "new"2006. Plan to trade it next week for a "new 2010". I'm getting the same vehicle with a few more options and AWD (I live in the Snowbelt). I've owned Cadillacs in the past and they don't have anything on the 300C. Tires were worn out at 44000, other than that, have had NO problems...never been in the shop but for routine maintenance. Gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 65mph. The fact that I'm buying another should say enough.

Happy 300 owner
By lou bingham on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i bought the 2006 300 touring 2 and a half years ago, absolutely love it. It had 42,000 miles on it when I bought it, has 79,000 miles now, with no problems.It has the original brakes, I had them checked last month and their still fine. I live in Kentucky, three trips to fla & One trip to miss, I got 26 mpg, that great for a car this size. I hit a deer year & a half ago, and had to drive a rental, a 2009 Toyota Camry, it was awful, it only had 9000 miles on it but drove & rode like it had 300,000. My last two cars were Cadillacs, a Seville and a sts, the 300 has them beat, I love this car.

Great Car
By Chatti on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I read Consumer Reports but I hate the fact that all the "foreign" cars rate high and the Dodge and Chrysler always rate low.I love my Chrysler 300.I have owned it for 5 years and it has never failed me. At 60,000 miles I am just now replacing the tires.I have the large engine and it climbs the mountains at 80 and gets 26 to 27 mpg. For a full size car the mileage is great. This is the 5th car or truck I have bought from Oxendales and they are also great to deal with. We are a 2 car family so we have owned Chevy, Fords and Toyotas but nothing as nice as this.I have dual air, satellite radio and cooling in the back seat so my grandkids don't complain about being hot in the summer heat of AZ

Look out for front end issues
By stan on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My car has 40k on it. Unfortunately, my front end feels loose and rattles and squeaks. my research shows that about $1000.00 fixes it and it will come back again in about 20k miles. Due to a poor design and heavy front end

SRT8
By Don O on 08/28/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The car has been awesome! I bought w/12k Miles and the Car stock was very fast w/425 Hsp. With few bolt on modes the car is close to 500. A whole group of dedicated followers are on-line waiting to share info. Parts are very reasonable. Gas Mileage is where you would expect, drive like your in the Indy 500 and you'll get 13 MPG, baby it and it's 18. Every time you start your SRT8 a Prius cries. Very tight ride, good handling for a 4200 lbs car with plenty of peddle. You can turbo your ride and have more power than a Lambo but why it has more tha enough. Exhaust makes the car sound like a Beast! SRT8 is a total sleeper and is the most bang for your buck you can possible get!

Power!
By Barry from Boston on 07/29/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car in April 2010 because it was time to retire my 2000 Bonneville SSEi and I wanted something powerful that also had AWD. I also wanted something with low miles and didn't want to pay much over $20K. With all that in mind, the 300C AWD was pretty much the only option. I originally wanted a 2007, but found a nice 2006 with only 21K miles in my price range. The car is AMAZING. The ride quality is great, the look is great, the handling is great and the power from the 5.7 L Hemi is jaw-dropping. I had had to make one minor repair -- the sway bar bushings needed to be replaced because they were worn and causing a clunking sound over rough pavement, but otherwise it's a total dream!

Great Sport Sedan
By tmike3 on 06/04/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased with 56k miles. First car purchased in 22 years. Previously had SUVs and a pickup. This car is fantastic! Commute 60 miles per day and have had zero problems. The AWD is great! Had more snow than usual this winter and it handled great. The HEMI has more than enough power for this heavy car. Mileage is not bad on the highway. (20-22 mpg) Tons of room inside and in the truck.

Car is great to drive
By Tom on 06/04/10 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought 300C with 32,000 miles. Silver with updated grill and some chrome. Looks great, handles well. Suspension allows rapid cruising, does extremely well on windy roads for a car this size. Power is always there when you need it, tranny shifts smooth, geared ok for when you jump on it.Boston stereo ok but I will upgrade rear speakers soon. I like the large sunroof, lets in alot of air and light. I have always owned big cars with V8's and this one has not let me down, overall its a great package for the price.

Chrysler 300C Spontaneous Engine Failure
By KHerron on 05/20/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was very satisfied with the overall performance and reliability of my Chrysler until the early afternoon on May 9th when the Engine decided that the parking lot of Osh Hardware Store was the place where it would decide to rest forever. I drove to the store fine and when I came out the car failed to start. I had it towed to the nearest dealership where the mechanic confirmed that that engine is completely gone. The pistons have holes in them and the valves are in pieces, it will cost $8,100.00 for a new engine. I informed Chrysler LLC about the issue and after confirming that the problem was not my fault they only offered to pay for HALF leaving me with a $4,000.00 bill

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.