2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Better than any Import, Toyota

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Better than any Import, Toyota look out!
By gindelm7 on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new after looking for a replacement for my 1999 Malibu. This is the 4cyl with XM satellite radio and remote start. I took the car back to replace a visor and check out steering noise. Outstanding service. Said the steering noise was normal. Now I have 90,000 miles and just replaced front brake pads (no rotors) for the first time. Nothing else has gone wrong with this car! Tires at 63,000 miles and regular oil changes. My radio/computer says 33 mpg but my calculations indicate I get 35.7 mpg. Can the new malibu be any better? Great drive quality at 75 mph, no noise. no vibrations. Paint looks great, A/C is fantastic. Plenty of room in back seat for 3 kids. Get one!

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is 35 mpg especially with gas at $4.00/gal. Then it is XM radio, and remote start. Great visibility driving. This car has been a dream to own. I use synthetic Mobil 1 and change oil when the computer says, about 9000 miles. The car does not use any oil between changes!

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything. I was concerned about the steering noise when new. But now with 90,000 miles I haven't replaced any rods or other equipment. I think the noise is normal for this car. Chevrolet has a winner here. I hope the new Malibu is nicer, but I don't see how.