2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Take care of your car, will take care of you
By GM on 01/06/09 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my impala from a dealer. To date, I have only had to replace a $65 dollar part. This car has a lot a room and great for long distance driving. Gas mileage is about 26 miles on the freeway which great if you consider the comfort. I change the oil as required, I don't abuse my car by jack rabbit starts. The brakes have not been replaced but will be changed based on the owners manual. I will be replacing the tranny oil and filters as required by owners manual as well. When you buy a used car you have no idea if the previous owner took care of the vehicle. I would buy another Impala. This time a SS. These cars are fun to drive. Power

Impressive Tank
By buckytse on 01/03/09 23:59 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very glad I bought the SS. It drives great. I have, however, noticed a fair amount of torque steer (basically, I have renamed the gas pedal the "lane changer"). I had a few minor issues with the computer that all boiled down to a bad gas cap; problem solved easily. The jury is still out on the tire pressure sensors. Interior is a kinda small for a full size, but it has all the room I need for myself, my wife (and her walker) the three kids and two hockey bags. I was very dissapointed with GM's little trick of wanting $650 to "activate" the radio (with a computer click) for XM recption which is already built in. I guess CDs it is. Fuel economy is better than expected. AVG 22.5.

No more Chevy for me
By slim on 11/23/08 15:08 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 Chevrolet Impala lS, and I hate that car. I bought it with 46,234 miles on it, at 50,000 miles the water pump started to leak, so I had to replace it. The gas mileage is poor, the inside armrest is already broken, I had to replace a speaker that stopped working or worked when it wanted too, the automatic trunk relaese button works when it wants too, the power door lock switch on driver side door only lets you lock the doors not open them. The transmission shifts how it wants too, sometimes smooth sometimes kicks in the gears harsh shifting, and then this past Friday something happened with the power steering, all the fluid leaks out. I am not happy at all with this Impala. No more Chevy of any kind for me.

Not that happy
By Dee on 11/10/08 06:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I currently am in a 4 year lease with my Impala with 11 months to go and counting! Not happy with the fact that it needed brakes and rotors all the way around at 24000 miles. Had and entire exhaust system put in this Aug, under warranty thankfully but now the warranty is up and I am terrified that this car is going to cost me during the last year I have it. Just put a tie rod in at my own expense. Other annoying problems. Let's see, rust spot that keeps reappearing on the trunk due to screws underneath trunk molding, clunking in the back end when you go over bumps, broken sun visor, fuel pump and hoses replaced after 1st yr. Passenger seat that clunks anytime someone sits in it. No more Chevys!

Very Good Impala
By rmhemmings on 11/07/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car new and recently broke 50K miles (3 yrs). The only problem I've had was a bad power steering pump which was replaced under warranty. I am pleased with the mileage, I was getting 27 mpg combined while driving 50 miles round trip to work. I now work closer and mileage has dropped to 25 mpg combined. Response and acceleration are great on the hiway. Someone complained about the Goodyear Infinity tires, but I got 47K out of the first set which I thought was good. As a matter of fact I replaced them with same tire. Hopefully I will get many more years and miles out of the vehicle.

Awesome Car for the Price I Paid
By Phillip Wooden on 11/07/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All I can say is wow! I only paid $15, 995 for this car with only 30K on the odometer. I had a problem with the tire pressure monitor system at first, but a little hint: don't have your dealer try to fix; do it yourself. I took to dealer 5 times and they reset it each time. It went out again and I decided to fix it myself using the manual, and have had no more problems. Must use an air hose with high air output. This car is such a powerful car. Suggestion, buy used and pay half the price like I did. Also, you can upgrade the headlights to projector lights and make it look even more upscale. I installed them and an HID conversion kit that I got online and all I can say is wow! Buy this car!

Bought used 2006 Impala - Great
By Average Joe on 10/22/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought one used with 59,000 miles, in August 2009. What a great car. Designed for adult men and I think also women. Comfortable, everything is where it should be and works like it should. Plenty of room but very good gas mileage. What a pleasure to get into to drive home at the end of the day, or to take on a trip. Why spend a lot more money on a car? This has everything you reasonably want.

Oil consuption
By jim on 09/23/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was just on the web checking to see if any others had a oil problem. Was surprised to find many of the same problems I've had. The car goes through 1 to 2 quarts of oil between changes. Braking is not as good as it should be. The dealership has replaced the tire monitor for the right front tire, and the entire computer at least 5 times now. That became so frustrating that the first thing I do when I get in now is hit the button to get rid of the message. Other small misc problem too small to list. Really a shame because I love to drive this car

SS review
By wcslivik on 09/19/08 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the performance. It will beat just about any car on the road. Extermely nice to get in and out of traffic. I get so many comments about the ride. I am averaging 21 mpg, but I ramp on it a bit too. I'm sure I could sqeeze 23 mpg average if I drive concervative. I love the mufflers, they arnt exactly flowmaster, but aren't the stock Silverodo mufflers where you can't hear anything. It's perfect. The stereo is amazing. The only problem I've had with it is the AC outlets lost power, but other than that it's an amazing car.

Great Basic Transportation
By SC Driver on 09/15/08 03:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very good car for a fair price. Fuel economy is great on the highway in the winter averaging over 32 MPG, but the AC decreases this to 28.5 MPG. Fit and finish is good and the car is holding up well fairly well even when driving it 13,000 miles/month. In short, the cost per mile calculation for this car has been better than any vehicle I have ever had. Where and tear is beginning to show at 3 years, but I will be getting another Impala next month.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.