Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Enjoyable and Simple Sedan
By joe_bob

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this impala for almost 37,000 miles now it had about 35,000 on it when I started driving this car. It completely changed what I expected from a car. I had previously thought that all cars where like the honda pilot aka: uncomfortable however this car with the seat warmers is absolutely wonderful. I regularly commute about 2 hours a day and have very little back pain the whole time. I also took this car on a road trip from Ohio to Alabama and experienced only a small amount of discomfort. This car is surprisingly reliable considering it is the first model of its generation. Some people may think that the stereo is outdated. However, I find it works fine for my needs.

Favorite Features

The seat heaters are amazing and get very hot they also heat both your back and rear end. I like having the optional fog lights. I find the stereo sounds nice and has plenty of bass. The headlights in this car with the default bulbs are plenty bright and much brighter than the bulbs in the honda crv.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest having sun-visors that hold up to constant use better. Also built in ice packs in the seat would be nice.

don't buy unless you have a good job
By Lisa Reese

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had my 2006 impala as for 3 years, every time I take it to the dealer, they want 200 to 300 dollars for Senors, I don't understand what these people want from us. It seem as though I'm rebuilding a car that's not even paid for yet. Please Chevrolet manufacturer, or Vice president , check into this, I'm about to have a breakdown.

Great car
By mopardave

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have 260 000 km on the car. The car still runs great. The low oil pressure warning came on, mine was easy fix, changed the switch ($37) and thermostat (run hot, ac off warning) replaced. I hope to get to 400000km. Everything still works well and it drives like the day I bought it.

Get what you paid for...
By ferdinand1201

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '06 Impala last month after a week I noticed a leak under engine. I sent it back to auto dealer I bought the car, they replaced the oil gasket. The leak disappeared, cold days just around the corner I switched heater dial and a loud ticking noice annoys me which last for a minute or so. Besides any reviews I read here no problem with tranny or engine KNOCK ON WOOD! But, I love it for now... we'll see.

Favorite Features

Quiet on road/21 mpg/sleek look for the price

2006 Impala LS 236,000 miles
By truexemplar

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a new 2006 Impala LS with front bench seat and are very pleased with it. We have 236,000 miles (all highway) and looking to move it out but have not found anything I like. It is still my new car. I have only had 3 repairs including a water pump the most expensive. My oil change mechanic says take it on trips and I do. I really can't believe how dependable the car has been. We averaged 27.7 mph overall. Going on 630 mile round trip this weekend. Should I go to 250,000 miles?

Favorite Features

Front Bench Seat

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats. Keep the front bench seat. A lot of people do not like the bucket seat cock pit environment. Too constricting.