Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS SUV Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Not so much
By Robert Haist

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Its resale value is poor and this car had reliability issues. After 93,000 miles it overheated and blew a head gasket. Had issues with it running rough from a cold start for first few seconds and had problems with spark plugs and spark plug wires. Left rear taillight kept burning out. Would blow white smoke out tailpipe once in a while. I would not recommend buying this car.

2008 chevy equinox
By daniel

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle suv has 155,000 no majar issues engine and trans are still strong .I would definitely purchase another one.

Amazing truck!
By bdude273

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

May be one of the greatest trucks ever built. The exterior is amazingly solid, with very strong metal. I feel very safe when driving around in it. The front seats are nice and supportive, although the back seats are a tad hard, but a 5 hour road trip would still be easy to get through. VERY powerful engine, although still more fuel efficient than my 2001 Dodge Caravan with the 3.3l V6. I am getting 13 litres/100KM CITY! 5L HIGHWAY! I have factory chrome which covers the door handles, grille, exhaust tip, and the trunk. I am 5'11, and
when in the back, I have well over 5 inches of leg room, and that is with the passenger seat in my position, and with the rear seats pulled all the way back.

The looks! When Chevrolet was designing this car, it seems as if all the designers had light bulbs over their heads, and kept adding excellent features! In most cars nowadays, the dashboard is 100% hard plastic....But not in the Equinox!!! The airbag cover is soft rubber. Feels like it will go for 300,000 KM's.

I have 1 improvement for Chevrolet. 1! You CANNOT have the cup holders out while the handbrake is engaged. Which idiot designed THAT?

Bumping and jerking
By equinoxnono

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I decide to check out the reviews on the Equinox after my wife purchased one this year.
She's had what seems to be a common and on going problem with this truck.
The jerking during acceleration.
We have had several tune up(The dealer said that was the problem) to NO availe.
Now it's more of a bigger problem than I ever thought.
I decide to just ask an Equinox owner out of the blue.
So I went to the local truck stop and wait for the 1st Equinox to arrive and it didn't take long.
About 6 min later one pulled up and I asked the driver about any problems.
Well guess what, they were having the same problem.
So, I think this is a recall Item.
But because the Equinox is one of there bests

Serious issues with electrical.....
By Serious elec. issues

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Equinox in 08 and was very happy at first until I had serious issues 6 months after purchase. My Equinox kept bucking and went into the dealer to find out issue was the cylinder misfiring. This was fixed but 6 months later the lock on the drivers side would not work. This too was fixed. 2.5 months later the wipers would not work unless on high speed. Dealer fixed this issue. I was on the highway since I drive 50 miles to work and Equinox again started to buck. Again cylinder was misfiring. Dealer had to replace all wiring. Chevy tried to refuse stating it was due to me not keeping up with maintenance. Not true. I had to prove all the maintenance I had done. Not happy at all.

Fold down back seats. Roof racks, Remote starter.

Fix the electrical issues. My warranty is now up and I will not fix these issues again. I would rather purchase another vehicle from another maker. POOR POOR design....