Great Compact Car!
By cruze2014 on
2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I recently traded my 2011 Camaro in for a 2014 Cruze. I was trying to find a car that could save me on gas. The Cruze was an easy pick for me, compared to other cars in its class. I got the black granite metallic color, it really shines in the sun light. I was looking at the Mazda 3 also when buying a new car. I preferred the drive quality on the Cruze, the Mazda 3 had a lot of road noise for my taste. I am actually liking the Cruze more than my Camaro.
Favorite Features
Some of my favorite features on my Cruze are the safety technology. That includes the Blind Spot monitoring, the rear cross traffic alert, and the back up camera. The Cruze also has a great sound system and is very quite when driving on the highway. The seats are very nice and give good support for your back on long road trips. Overall the Cruze is a great car.
Suggested Improvements
Some things I would suggest on improving are the storage areas being bigger. The center console between the seats is very small and can not hold much. My sunglasses holder can't even fit in it. But luckily the glove box is big. The engine could have more power to it for passing on the highway.
By bertman69
on 01/17/14 12:19 PM (PST)

I purchased a 2014 Cruze in Sept. 1.4L turbo. rated at 28 mpg city/38 mpg highway. This thing is a junk pile. I'm not even getting 30 mpg. I traded in a 2009 Cobalt that got about the same mileage as this piece of crap. 6 speed auto transmission is herky jerky and clunky. Every control is slow to respond. The one and only reason I bought this car was for 38 mpg. All in all this car is a HUGE disappointment. I would NOT recommend it to anyone.

By bischy
on 07/18/14 18:55 PM (PDT)

i just bought a black ltz also in may of this year, while i do like the car, the climate control is horrible,i still have not found how to use just the vents for hot or cold air with out turning on the fan, every other Chevy i have owned, i would hit the button that lets outside air in the car and i would have a nice flow or air, weather in the summer or winter, with this car, if you set the climate control to automatic, if it's hot out the air comes on with the fan blowing at the 8 setting,i can see that there is a setting to allow air to come from the outside, but when you use that setting, you hardly feel anything. also the radio, if you are driving in highway traffic with the windows down, you can hardly hear anything and i was charged 795 for that??? does gm when they make cars, not do tests to see where and where you can hear the radio?? in 2006 i bought my wife a impala ltz and the car came with everything, sun roof, spoiler, great radio, now 7 years later,gm is starting to get greedy, my cruise did not come with a standard sun roof, or a spoiler, gm now wants extra for that,while they say that they made the car safer with the back up camera, why not throw in the things in the mirror which tells you when another car is going to pass,they want extra for that, and while it took a month for the my link hands free calling to work right, i still get dialing failed every so often, and ten seconds later it works the right way. so in closing, i have been a Chevy owner for 23 years, but when i trade my wife's impala in next year, i will look elsewhere, Chevy i am done with you!!!

By garfish1
on 07/25/14 00:34 AM (PDT)

I just purchased one and the Pioneer system in it is great even with the windows and sunroof down.