Great Ride
By Bob on
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Purchased a new 2008 Avalanche 12/08.07/09 had it in for rear main seal. 09 had it in for battery 3 times before i took it to another dealership and found out the batteries were all defective. 09/10 motor went out on the drivers side seat. other than that the vehicle is great to drive. I am 6'3" 325 lbs and have ample room. I love the truck but can do without the probs. The dealership service department really awful. Fuel consumption could be better.
Favorite Features
Comfort, audio system, plenty of power for towing.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel consumption could be better. I hate it because I have to take time off of work to put the vehicle in the shop and then time off to pick it up.
By bob309
on 10/01/12 19:06 PM (PDT)

Continuation of 10/01/12 Forgot to mention, in 6K miles driving 30 miles back and forth to work, my truck used 3 1/2 qts of oil. I do not drive a vehicle hard. I have a 78 Ford 4X4 pickup that I have had for 23 years. I am on my second set of tires, have over 200K miles on it and can go out in the coldest tempatures and start it right up. I have not had a bit of triuble out of it. This should give ann idea of my driving habits also, will give you an idea of where I am headed as soon as I sale this peice of junk that I purchased new.

By bob309
on 10/01/12 18:58 PM (PDT)

10/01/12 Continuation of problems. 51863 my check engine light came on again. The last time (8 months ago) the check engine light came on it was some kind of a vapor bypass valve. Cost of repair was $236.00. I am convenced, with out any dought at all this vehicle is nothing but a rolling junk pile. I would strongly recommend to anyone considering purchasing a GM DO NOT waste your time and money. GM does not stand behind their product. If anyone out there has any connections at GM they need to make them aware of the issues. I have tried.