Awesomelanche
By AvsFan33 on
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
After a few weeks and 1200 miles, along with a long camping trip, I am happy as can be with my new Avalanche. It is a pleasure to drive and very functional. I was able to load everything I needed in the back as well as a dog and kid in back seat with 1/2 the seat down for additional food and pillows, etc. I love the way it looks and the way it performs. I drove several trucks before buying this one and I know now I made the right choice. Even the highway gas mileage was better than I hoped. Yes the mileage suffers in heavy city traffic but then thats usually during shorter distances anyway. I rate this vehicle a 10.
Favorite Features
Lets see, my 10-way power seats (if you have to drive a lot, get this!), the 3 section back covers which makes it easy to pack stuff, and the back side containers which I used one as a cooler (has a little drain in it too). XM radio is nice and I already needed to use OnStar as well.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the location of the parking brake. Also, you can fold half the back seat down, I would like an easier way to take half the back seat out completly like those SUV 3rd seats. And add reverse sensors (easy to add afterwards though like I'm doing)