2007 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (98 reviews )
A Sports Car In SUV Clothing
By donja on 11/10/09 08:08 AM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got mine three years ago - Sports pkg, premium pkg, winter pkg. Sapphire black metallic with black interior, 18" all- weather tires (didn't want to have to swap summer tires every winter). Handles like a sports sedan, cargo area more than a wagon, great road visibility, excellent build quality. The sports pkg can be a rough ride, but I like it. Probably not the best family vehicle, because it feels more like a sports car. No mechanical issues, but I notice BMW has a software update regarding its AT problem that some people have experienced - I prefer driving in manual mode, to me it's the best of both worlds. Tons of fun with superb handling!

Sport Activity Vehicle defined
By EvergreenX3 on 11/08/09 12:50 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Now with the odometer rolling past the 50,000 mark, my compliments to the chef. I hate numb steering, overweight and too-big SUV's. This SUV really is a 3-series with a lot of road clearance and a big boost to the rear storage space. It does suffer from a higher center of gravity over the lower riding 3-series but that can be offset with a Sport Pkg option that helps to reduce the suspension give and body roll. Also, the sport seats are the best with what may be the best in the industry. In a nutshell, the X3 is clearly the most fun to drive in this segment. It is almost 1,000lbs less in weight than its X5 brethren and only 4 cu ft less in cargo--the 3.0 is the perfect small SUV.

Good car!
By JJ on 09/11/09 19:38 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's really a good car and all of a driving experience. I work home-office so do not use the car a lot - only 7,500 miles per year average, however, it is quite enjoyable to drive it every time I go the airport and go to pick up the kids at school.

Solid Fun to Drive Small SUV
By Al on 09/05/09 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, great handling (for a SUV) with the 19" and sport package, a little rough riding at times though. Comfortable and decent fuel economy (premium fuel uhh). No issues to date, Nice sound system, nav is just ok, but the bluetooth rocks. An overlooked small SUV that competes very well all around, careful price jumps with options! Good Value if you buy 1 year old.

Superb car
By susan from syracuse on 06/17/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this with the sports package and absolutely love it! The x3 has superb performance and handling.

One great car....
By SLG on 04/27/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW X3 is a perfect car for a person who likes performance, styling and great handling. Mine has the sports package and M styling and looks terrific. I had driven BMW 5 Series cars for 20 years, but needed occasional storage capacity to carry a drum set. I also have an X5 which is beautiful but it doesn't come anywhere near the X3 for performance and handling. The fit and finish is top notch with great features like the full length sunroof. I also enjoy the sitting position which is higher than a sedan but not so high that you sway with every bump like you do in most trucks and SUVs. One great car....

Awesome Ride!!
By dr.nick on 04/03/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car has gone above and beyond what I expected. Was also looking at the Lexus and Mercedes and their drive compared to the BMW was night and day. If you're looking for a fun car that is the best performing car in its class the BMW X3 is the only logical choice.

Should have got the X3 in the 1st place
By newzie on 01/21/09 18:35 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 CR-V and simply was not happy with it. It is wonderfully versatile but it had no power, was noisy, had a rough ride at times and the seats were very uncomfortable. After 3 months I traded the Honda for a CPO X3 and I couldn't be happier. With the X3 I really have to watch my speed. The engine is silky smooth, its quiet, and feels solid as a rock. It may not be as roomy as the CR-V but I can definitely trade that for the joy of driving. If you are considering a small SUV think if you are buying it for yourself or for others. If you care about passenger comfort and versatility then the CR-V is a great choice. But if you want to have a smile on your face get an X3.

Very nice ride
By 500lbman on 01/09/09 21:56 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased my 2007 X3 with 24100 miles on it a little over a week ago. This is the best handling SUV I have driven. Lots of power from the 3.0L straight 6. Very comfortable seats. Stereo sound quality is excellent. Much better than my '04 330ci convertible. I tried the sport package on another X3 and the ride was too rough for my taste. The aesthetic updates for '07 look great. Bluetooth is not always clear, but works okay. Also, the throttle tip-in is a little touchy and takes some getting used to at low speed. I was looking for a small SUV that was fun to drive, this fits the bill nicely. The Japanese companies can't compete with German build quality, ride and handling

A Bit Disappointed
By Ken Nersesian on 12/20/08 19:34 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I guess I expected more from my first BMW. My wife hated the way it drove around town, so now it's mine. The transmission is definitely a design flaw and there should be a recall. On the highway it rides like a dream. It's like riding on a rail and it takes discipline to stay below 100 mph. I had a lifter noise and after several visits to service, they had to replace the cylinder head. That was another nightmare. The dealer and BMW should have made a better effort to compensate for my inconvenience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.