2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

645Ci 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (25 reviews )
the perfect car
By bmwforlife3 on 04/10/13 18:41 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

you can not ask for a more better car. The speed is their the look is their the reliability is there it is just and overall perfect car i put on some 21" chrome BMW rims and everyone looks when i drive by its the best car BMW makes

Unreliable starts
By samanthaat on 06/30/11 10:58 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

At first I loved this car. I'm a low mileage driver and BMW tells me the car is meant to be driven a lot. If you don't drive it a lot this car is a life of hell. The BMW dealer told me if I don't drive it at least one day a week for an hour the battery will die. He said there is too much draining the battery. It's not a week though. Seven starts drains the battery. I keep it on a trickle charge, but that apparently doesn't keep it from draining. After the battery drains a couple dozen times, its time for a new battery which today cost over $500. That's not acceptable but what is really unacceptable is having an $80,000 car that leaves me stranded and calling AAA once a week.

6 Series - Buffed Elegance
By Sarge on 09/20/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great car. With the sport package, this is truly buffed elegance. I really enjoy the interior and the exterior design. Great sound system. As for the much maligned iDrive. If you don't enjoy being challenged by technology, don't get the iDrive. As for me, I am a techy, so I find the iDrive very functional and entertaining.

For the price nothing come close, except
By tony on 05/17/06 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The only car the come close to the 645ci is a 545i. The design is excellent, ride quality is great, handling out of this world - what's to say more. Go out and drive one

BMW 645ci coupe
By Dennis Tam on 01/11/06 17:21 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome comes to mind. Great road handling, great pick-up speed, great sound system and a car that receives a lot of "double takes".

BMW 911
By dasjr64 on 12/13/05 19:22 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

My first BMW is my 99-528 that I drive daily and can't say enough about so I was destined for another. I was between a 645 and 745. I chose the 645 and have not been disappointed. I do miss the ability to take the 3rd or 4th passenger on occasion, however the ride, handling and looks far outweigh that. I also own a 911 and am considering getting rid of that to upgrade the 528 to a 745. The 645 gives me eveything I was getting from the 911. The only problem I have had is the navigation has been occasionally acting up, saying "can't read disc" I'm scheduled to take it in next week so hope it's an easy correction.

Buy ONE
By Lee on 11/21/05 16:21 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Don't drive this car unless you're prepared to purchase one. I went to the dealer to test drive a 7 series. I thought I would just compare it against the 6, so I test drove one and purchased it right afterwards. This car is above and beyond any thing I have ever owned. I like it. I purchased the sport model and the back seat isn't a problem. If you want a big back seat buy a 7 series. I love all of it.

This car rock
By fatty on 07/17/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love it. I love BMWs, compared to my old M3, this car absolutely is amazing and i highly recommend it for anyone looking for a new car. One downside, the back seat could use more headroom and space. The 3 series probably has more than the 6, which is weird. Overall though, the car rocks.

Waiting for a M6
By Ray Millers on 07/09/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The tiptronic takes a bit of getting used to. It is very different and you should be very familiar with it before ordering this option. If you get a 04, it will not have bluetooth, and it will cost you over 2500 to get it retrofitted. The phone that comes with the car is junk, and neither BMW nor Cell companies will take any responsibility of hook it up. The microphones for the phones are junk. There are two possible upgrades that they will only tell you about after you complain loudly that people cannot understand you when calling from your car. I still only know about 100 of the 500 functions the I drive is able to perform. The dealership also does not know how it operates, figure it out!

bmw 6
By kevin f jursinski on 07/09/05 06:05 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

An awesome combination of power, style and comfort. A luxury coupe that handles better than most sports cars. I took advantage of the BMW performance driving school which is free to all 6 series purchasers. This vehicle is one ultimate driving machine. The glass sunroof fills the entire front compartment--like a glass top convertible. Excellent.