435i xDrive - They got it right!
By jeffking007 on
2014 BMW 4 Series 435i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
This is my fourth BMW coupe and my favorite by far. It is powerful, yet refined, it can be a beast or a comfortable daily cruiser depending on what mode you put it in. Gas mileage is decent for a car with 300 HP, but Sport mode will of course decrease efficiency. I decided to custom order and get almost every option, including the M Sport Package. I test drove a "Luxury Line" and almost changed my mind about ordering the car - but glad I didn't since the M Sport just felt and looked 10 times better. Don't go cheap on the options unless they don't matter to you. I like the fact this coupe is larger than than before, it is actually a tiny bit longer and wider than the 3 series sedan.
Favorite Features
The navigation system is surprisingly easy to use after a couple of tries. This is my first BMW with navigation and I learned quite quickly how to use it. The Harmon Kardon sound system is a nice upgrade and worth the cost in my opinion. I miss my Audi's Bang & Olufsen sounds system though. And of course, the M Sport package was a must-have for me.
Suggested Improvements
While I understand the technology features have greatly been improved, I still can't get my e-mail or texts to appear on the Nav screen from my iPhone. The BMW Apps are quite limited with just Facebook (which I can't get to work), Pandora, and a fair amount of global internet radio stations. Also while the exterior was greatly updated, the interior still looks and feels very 3 series.