Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

great car
By mikeny

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a great car. Super smooth on NY roads when compared to my old 2003 Nissan maxima. Great curb appeal in and out. Plenty of options to choose from. Really a drivers car. Love the idrive system

sport mode transmission really gives you a little extra when you crave more power

ditch the run flat tires and include spares

I would buy another one
By Mike in Rosenberg,TX

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have now owned this car for almost 3 yrs. I love the way the car drives and the speed/acceleration. It drives best in the sports mode - giving you plenty of torque to accelerate. I have driven it regularly over 80 miles per hour and rides great. 24 miles per gallon has been my mileage. I love the blue tooth. Speakers could be better so upgrade. Leather seats have worn and need warranty work as other have mentioned. I have had no problems with the car. Service is great at the dealer. Run flats I still am undecided. I have had a nail in three of them and when I went to dealer they wanted to replace tires at almost 300 each. I just had a tire repair shop plug each tire for 5 bucks each.

bluetooth, torque, handling, speed, fun to drive, looks/style.

better sound system, leather seat quality, run flats could be quieter as they get higher in miles

Very pleased overall
By CAC

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The overall styling is very advanced. My 328 has the Sport Package which makes for a firm ride, but the road grip is unbelievable. The car seems to be held back at highway speeds and feels more at home the faster you go, but never edgy. Brakes are superb. The 6-speed manual feels solid, although I wish 1st gear would extend a bit further...it seems to wind out fairly quickly. Adaptive xenon lights are way cool and seem 100% brighter than any other car's lights. Interior is comfortable, but quite snug, so forget it if you're a little on the heavy side. The leatherette seats are easy to maintain and of exceptional quality. The seat belt arm that extends the front seat belt is a little gimmicky.

Handling package, comfort access, road feel. Lighting all around - in and out - is space-age. The mileage is also incredible...I recorded 32.9 mpg at 75mph from FL to SC. Standard radio is quite good.

Angle the stereo so it can be seen with sunglasses. Allow owners to reset their maintenance alerts themselves for simple tasks such as oil changes. Get rid of the run-flats and put spare donuts back in. Extend 1st gear out further on the 6-speed manuals.

Play hard, pay hard!
By Darkknight335

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very fun, good looking car to drive. The acceleration is amazing and effortless. Very quiet cabin and poised until you're surprised by a bump. This car is very customizable to your preferences. Having the comfort access gives this car an extra lux quality. However, all the technology makes me afraid that it's going to be an expensive car to maintain in the long run. The seatbelt assist arm has acted up a few times already. City gas mileage is horrible, but highway is better than my last car (avg 17/27). At the end, I'm glad I bought this car. The best car I've ever owned by far.

Comfort Access, ipod, sinking in seat feeling from acceleration. Turns heads on the street. Love the look and function of the adaptive xenon headlights. Heated seats are fast to warm up. I wish I can look at the car as I drive it. I know, it's weird.

Improve on the smoothness of the ride. It's the tires, the suspension or both. Painful car to own in a pothole ridden city. Replaced rims already after a short time. Consider getting insurance for tires. I'll wait till I have problems again. Expect to go to service for every little thing.

Consider Others
By 2007xicoupe

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After actually ordering a car for the first time I was very excited to own the "ultimate driving machine". However it became the ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE. The tapping noise the engine made should never happen on a premium car like this. It became a battle to have BMW admit to it and have it fixed. They are well aware of the problem yet still sell new cars with this defect. My car was damaged at the dealer trying to have this repair done and this was a result of BMW not standing behind their product. These cars are overpriced and overrated.

Handling, Looks

BMW should have these engines repaired before being sold to the consumer. Overpriced.