Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Seamless driving experience
By larmen

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car such as this. I alternate between feeling that the car is an extension of me and that I am an extension of the car. Beautiful integration of driver and driving dynamics. No wonder it is the class leader.

Driving it! Braking is superb. Handling at 80 inspires confidence without inciting recklessness. Blue tooth set up is first-rate. Comfy seats. Build quality is excellent as are the materials. Plenty of bells and whistles.

Run flats' tread doesn't last long. It needs greater interior storage space. Hokey mpg analog gauge. Bc I'm tall I could use a bit more thigh support. Back seat is quite tight.

Lemon of the bunch
By Ana

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My beautiful alpine white BMW 328XI AWD 4dr.sedan has been in the shop 12 times, first time 6 months after purchase. Major computer problems;computer indicator pops up with visuals not in the handbook. Service @ BMW has had difficulty reprogramming the computer. Poor handling dealing with pot holes. Little things go wrong with the car all the time. Car serviced at a different dealer than purchase. BMW corporate says that the service dept. has been able to fix the problems the car has had, but the vehicle is not reliable and I don't feel safe driving it. Afraid to drive the car long distances for fear of being stranded. This ultimate driving machine is a NIGHTMARE=LEMON!

Love the style. Drives well in short distances.

Interior driver's side door leather needs to be sturdier. Pot hole handling. BMW corporate needs to address customer vehicle lemon complaints and replace lemons at no cost to customer.

Is it over yet?
By BStokes98

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Where shall I start? I park my car in the garage and never lock it, one day I went out, opened the passenger door to get something, closed it. The next morning the battery was dead. When you open the passenger door, the headlights don't go back out.... I have had about 4 sets of tires on the front, when you hit a pothole it feels like you were in an accident... Also 1 new set of rims... Engine performance is great. Navigation is a mess... The bluetooth works really well and the AWD system is flawless.

Acceleration... It's a BMW. Bluetooth...Sport Seats are great. Xenon headlights, auto wipers... Power Folding Mirrors.

New Rims that can withstand driving in New Jersey. New tires that do not pop and have to be replaced for no reason. Better service @ BMW.

Best car I've ever driven... so far
By Bobby in a BMW

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with German engineering with my first VW Golf, then a GTI... then went Japanese with the Acura TSX, which was beautiful, but didn't have the "chutzpah". But none of them compare to my 2007 328xi. Have it in dark green with brown interior and light wood. Have it for 7 mos now. Beautiful. Always wanted a BMW since I was a teen with dreams. The power and the way it handles are like no other I've driven. Drive it into a turn - it reacts with ease. You feel the road, but very comfortable. Don't mind the run flats. I'm thinking next to get the 300 hp, but there really is a lot of power in the 328. Radio's weird, so are cup holders. Big fan, but new A4 coming soon... hmm.

Driving characteristics, handling is amazing, power, leather, AWD is great in the winter here in NJ, Xenon headlights are cool. Comfort of 4 year maintenance (although I'm leasing for only 2 years). Sirius satellite.

Cup holders are in dumb places. Driver's seat creaks some, there's a weird clicking noise around the rear window when you hit bumps sometimes. Read others had same issue. Why the buffet of extra luxury features? Make them standard - this car can get pricey - but it drives like nothing else!

I've owned this car over a year
By Jon

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an early 2007 328xi. I have about 17k miles on the car now and it's been a great car. Zero mechanical problems. It has great acceleration for day-to-day driving, and sport mode when you need to merge. Major downsides are (1) gas mileage (20-22 in mixed driving; no where near the EPA estimate), (2) noise from the runflats (the loaner I had for my 1 year service was quieter, which leads me to believe that these tires get louder with age). I also had some paint peeling from the interior driver's side door handle. Apparently almost everyone experiences this. BMW replaced it in an hour, no questions asked.

Exterior styling. Acceleration. The standard lighting package (the LEDs under the grab handles, the lights under the doors, the footwell lights, etc.).

Keep working on the runflats to make them quieter. The front spoiler sits (too?) low.