2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Love it, love it, love it
By Sharon on 06/09/07 08:27 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up my 328xi a few days ago, and I look for any excuse to run errands so I can get behind the wheel. I added the sport package, cold weather package, and the iPod adapter, and am pleased with all of my selections. This car handles like a dream - it loves to hug the curves and go fast. Very tight and responsive, and the 6 spd manual is silky-smooth. Fit and finish are great. The metallic paint is flawless.

Run flat tires
By John Mihm on 04/03/07 08:49 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had six straight BMWs and haven't owned anything else for 20 some years. My problem is the run flat tires. The vehicle handling was acceptable when I purchased it but has gone steadly down hill. The dealer is resisting doing anything about it but the noise is gotten to be unacceptable. My air pressure sensor has come on twice and after checking the tires the pressure is within acceptable limits. Something wrong here and it's definitely the tires. Don't take a chance on these tires. My experience proves it. Don't accept the run flats.

I love BMW
By Jerry on 01/31/07 13:19 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have passed 1000 miles on my new 3 series. I am very happy with the manueverability, accuracy and responsiveness of the car to pedal and brake. The seat heating is quite fast making it useful for this season. I loved the 335 too, but it did not have an AWD version.

Outstanding Sedan
By Idoc on 01/29/07 18:48 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car (Xenons, Premium & Winter Pkgs) for a month and have been very pleased. The driving dynamics are superb but why repeat what every publication has already said. From the outside the car appears small but from the driver's seat the feel is quite substantial. The car feels as solid as a rock at all speeds. Thereís plenty of room up front, Iím 6 ft, 200 lbs and the car fits me with ample room to spare. The front seats (nonsport) are as comfortable & supportive as any Iíve ever sat in. The drivers relationship to all the controls is excellent and outward visibility is great in all directions. The adaptive Xenon headlights are fantastic. The car is quick but not a speed racer.

I think I am in love!
By Mrs. White on 01/25/07 12:40 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most wonderful driving expeirence I have ever had. I have had this car for almost 2 weeks and I just love to drive it. It handles like you would not believe and looks good doing it. My husband brought it as a Christmas gift and had driven it more than me. We are having a ball! Thanks BMW. I think that we will stay in the family.

A totally impressive machine
By L8rnr on 12/25/06 09:54 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about 3 weeks. I recently turned in an 03 Benz E500 after a 4 year relationship. Shopping for a new Benz, I decided to finally drive the other German sedans. Well I have to say, the fun factor pins this car off the scale. After 5 minutes I was sold. No contest in driveability and ride dynamics. The small BMW gives up a modest amount of power and torque to the Benz, but more than makes up for that in driveability. I find myself looking for an excuse to drive! Never felt that way in the Benz. I could have gone for the 335, but the 328 was plenty for me, in addition to getting a bit more mileage and probably saving me some tickets.

Love it so far
By JinSLC on 12/13/06 05:54 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just over 1000 miles so far. This car wants to go without hesitation. Solid, connected to the road. A joy to drive. Almost as much fun to drive as my S2000.

Great all around car
By CJinNJ on 11/18/06 06:47 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for two weeks now and absolutely love it. This car is solid, smooth, fast and of extremely high build quality. Handling is so stable and accurate. I have had two previous 3 series and this one blows them away. Itís not a slow car, but itís not a racer either. Put it in drive sport mode and it feels as fast as my G35 coupe I traded it in for. I do think it could use about 15 to 20 more ft/lbs of torque though. My past experience with BMWs is that they get much faster as they break in. The 2007 model has 15 more HP and ft/lbs torque than the 2006 model.

No acceleration
By GNewman on 11/05/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had driven a 330xi for the past 6 years and loved the car. It had excellent acceleration and a great feel. The new 328xi is supposed to have more torque and horsepower but has absolutely no acceleration. The car is slow from standing to 1st and lags from 1st to 2nd. It bucks on me when going up a hill. I can feel the slow shifting in the low gears and when I make a right or left turn from a stopping position, the car haltingly moves. I am shocked at the lack of responsiveness of this car. I don't know whether I have a bad model or whether this car is simply grossly underpowered.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.