Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
The Ultimate Driving Myth
By powerrharp

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased mine as a CPO with 33K original miles on it. IMHO all the dealer did to "CPO" the car was to detail it. Within the first 24 months it had the following major problems: 1. Power door locks failed 2. Right rear wheel bearing went (was bad on delivery...CPO people were obviously deaf) 3. Electric water pump failed 4. Low oil level warning light came on less than 500 miles after purchase (further proof CPOing ignored that 5. Radio display not visible while wearing polarized lenses..oil leak, battery died, bluetooth not blackberry compatible, outside mirror motor failed....brakes stick on release....

Favorite Features

My favorite feature was being handed the check when I dumped that piece of junk. Oh and BTW they have HORRIBLE resale value.

Suggested Improvements

TRY TO GIVE CUSTOMERS VALUE AND QUALITY INSTEAD OF JUST TRYING TO STROKE THEIR EGOS

Disappointing Car
By JP

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading all the hype about how wonderful the BMW 3 series are, I purchased a very low mileage CPO vehicle. First, the great looking sunroof is absolutely useless as it is so noisy at any speed above 10 mph, you can't use it. BMW says "This is normal." The speedometer is off by about 5 mph at freeway speeds. BMW says "This is normal." I have a Volvo and a Ford with similar sunroofs and they are quiet. And the speedometer on all my other cars (Chevy, Ford, Volvo) are accurate. BMW touts their cars as having superior engineering, but that is obviously a lot of sales hype. I am looking forward to the day I can trade this one in on almost anything else. Very disappointing car.

Favorite Features

Rear wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are uncomfortable for long trips. BMW needs to copy the seats in the Volvo. Speedometer needs to be calibrated to realistic speed and the the sunroof needs a major re-engineering to achieve the same standards in sound dampening as found in most other cars.

Fantastic German Design and Engineering
By edwardsf

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is for the wagon. I like putting my bikes and camping gear in a fun car but don't like SUVs for many reasons, so sport wagons are perfect. I had leased a 2007 A4 and really liked it but the 328i is simply a better car. It handles much better (except in rain of course), has better interior ergonomics for a tall guy, is faster in most scenarios, is quieter, more reliable and gets better highway mpg. Both are great looking in and out. The A4 seats however have much nicer, softer leather. I average about 23 mpg, maybe 1 mpg better than the A4. But I do much of my driving on the highway where the 328 gets 29 mpg while averaging 72 mph! Overall, a fantastic car.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth works great, Xenon/adaptive lights, self dimming mirror, huge moonroof, MP3 capability, Logic 7 stereo is good, manumatic.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of run flats, please. Leather could be much softer and less sticky. The cup holders are fine for me. Backup beeper is annoying.

Fun to Drive - Even with RFT
By Tommy Phillips

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 328I for 30 months. This is my 4th BMW 3 series. Third 3-Series with RFT. Best yet. The car has improved in handling, performance,safety, lots of gadgets and looks great parked. The run flat tires have been great on highway trips. (Drove Atlanta to Baltimore twice) Don't have to worry about a blowout at 100mph or sitting on the side of the road. However, I have learned the tricks of the RFT. Go to NTB to get the tires patched and get tires from Tirerack.com both will save your sanity and keep your love of the car intact. Also, buy a spare tire for long trips if you feel uneasy about the RFT (also cheap on Tirerack.com) much cheaper then getting through the BMW dealer.

Favorite Features

Night lights on door handles. Great handling on highway ramps... fast passing ability, great brakes. No charge for service the best.

Suggested Improvements

Make the space large enough for a spare tire in the trunk. Add tool kits and add cup holders that do not intrude into seating area.

BMW's Swiss Army Knife
By brianwad

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Performance, utility, economy and comfort in a compact package but only after the Run Flat Tires are replaced with real tires. It even handles Michigan winters without all-wheel drive.This car inspires complete confidence on the road. This is my third BMW and the most competent all-round car I have owned in 40 years. I am now a total BMW convert.

Favorite Features

Sports suspension eliminates body roll, rain-sensing wipers, adjustable sports seats, amazing brakes.

Suggested Improvements

More rear leg-room. Regular tires as standard.