2006 Audi A3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Love the Car
By GregIrwin on 07/02/08 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had the car for two years. It's a lot of fun to drive, and gets decent mileage (~27mpg). The interior is perfect for my needs, and the hatchback is highly functional. There's been some wear and tear. A lost button, and a busted door handle. Given I paid $26k for the car, I consider it an outstanding value.

What a Gem
By Larry Marks on 06/20/08 22:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2003 530i for a certified pre-owned A3 with 36,275 miles on it. I couldn't be happier. It is a phenomenal vehicle, and all for under 30k. It all starts with the engine. The 2.0T is a great powerplant, and I love the short throws on my 6 speed manual transmission. The low end torque really gets the car going. The steering is very responsive and the ride is very stable. It is such a blast to drive. It is a coin flip between this A3 and a 323i as the best driving cars I have ever owned. The quality of the interior build is much better than the BMWs I have just come out of (a 323i then 530i). The fuel economy is not bad (25mpg for me) for such a fun car to drive

Looking good, but many major problems
By LZ on 05/08/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We leased the car in October. By July AC broke down in 90 degree heat and 100% humidity. Audi couldn't fix the problem for a month. They had to replace the compressor twice. Then a year later I fule pump broke down on a highway and the car almost stalled. I barely avoided the accident. Now my just simply wouldn't start one day. When mechanic from Audi came - the and tried to start it - the engine started smoking. Week later they tell me oil pump is broken and they are replacing the engine. I am getting rid of the car - I no longer feel safe driving with kids in it. Total dissapointment.

Great Car
By Michael on 04/10/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car just under 3 years ago. My lease is almost up, and I am going to buy it. The car looks great, drives great, fast for what it is, good fuel efficiency, nice options, DSG is great, and reliability is very good. There are only two issues with this car. Considering the performance, the springs should be a little harder, I replaced them and I am very happy now. The other issue. Mankind has been building cars since 1908, you think by now we could wash the engine with a hose pipe and not damage the engine. Well maybe I am wrong, so I did, and it cost me $180. Do not wash the engine with water. Otherwise really a great car.

Driving experience
By frank on 01/15/08 12:11 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Really fun to drive, excellent comfort and the sound of the powertrain is pleasing.

Mighty Little Hatchback
By drobpga on 09/11/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased an A3, 2.0T with the intention of having a daily driver that offered economy as well as reliability. My immediate impression once I climbed into the well fitted interior was that this was a driver's cockpit. As I pressed the little vehicle I soon lost sight of the mundane purpose and started focusing on how incredibly fun this car was to drive. I must confess with a stable of alternatives I often find myself firing up the little Hatchback as a prefered choice. Imagine that! This vehicle hits the bullseye like Willy Tell. Compare this vehicle to anything available in this meager price range and you would be hard pressed to find such a tightly wound package.

Saved My Life
By Adam G. on 06/26/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I had this car for over a year and simply loved it. Had some build quality problems. The rear window had to be replaced because of noise in the radio caused by the rear defroster being on. Also had to have a relay replaced since the car would not go above 30! Aside from that drove it across country and it was great and lots and lots of fun. We just got in a serious accident in it and walked away with only minor injuries from the airbag propellant. This car might have saved our lives. It certainly let us just walk away from a bad accident. I would most definitely get another, but next time I want AWD. VERY VERY SAFE!

Pretty to look at, but don't buy it!
By sfo_pete on 05/03/07 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, but not a month goes by without the check engine light coming on. 2 air conditioning compressors, misfiring cylinders, won't eject CDs, 1 qt of oil every 4K miles, 2 coolant leaks, leaking turbo inlet and seals, and on and on... I will NEVER buy another Audi, what a giant let down!

Solid as a Rock
By johnny wants S3 on 04/23/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Outfitted the A3 3.2 with a Miltek Catback Exhaust and a K&N Air filter to let the car breathe easier and help with gas mileage. However the utterly cool throaty exhaust note before now has the wow factor to compliment everything else on this ride. Got everything except nav and Bluetooth; the car is a pleasure to tool around in with precise handling, brakes, low road-noise and comfortable seating. The Bose system kicks and I absolutely love the Xenon Directional Headlights. My car geek friends are constantly amazed by the DSG transmission and how settled the car is at even 120+. Had the opportunity to drive the car in a recent torrential downpour and the Quattro was just amazing.

2006 California A3-DSG-2.0T
By Jeff on 03/31/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This Audi replaces my previous 2002 GTI 337 edition, and it is noticably refined even better than the 06 GTi which can be optioned to cost as much as an '06 A3. Prices for these cars [mine bought w/5K miles on odo] have a large range of prices. As a CertUsed purchase you can get upto 6years/60Kmiles on overall Audi warranty. More comfortable and vuality ride than anything previous. Slightly more body roll than I am used to, but it never pretended to be a sports car. Throttle response is good but occasionally confused with DSG happenings. Interior and creature comforts is where ths vehicle shows head & shoulders above the Mazdaspeed3 and WRX-Saab 9-2. Getting used to the DSG takes time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.