Used 2004 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Acura TSX = precision driving
By mxmattd

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in Feb. '07 with 70k, and after almost a year of driving, I couldn't be happier! This car provides a perfect balance of sport, luxury, and economy. To do this, of course, trade-offs are required. The ride leans towards sporty, resulting in excellent handling but sometimes harsh on poor roads. The engine needs to be above 4k rpm for thrills, but keeping revs down gives excellent gas mileage (I avg 29 with mixed driving). The interior is pure luxury, but seats are still great for hard cornering. Steering, controls, incredibly slick 6sp tranny, dbw throttle, everything in this car exudes precision, which translates to an enjoyable drive thru mtn. roads or city streets.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission! If you can't drive stick, learn on your buddy's beater and buy the 6sp! Superb handling. Gas mileage (I avg 34 mpg and got 500+ miles on one tank driving from SF to LA). Comfortable and clean. Love roadtrips in this car. Very reliable. Great list of standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Cooled seats would be welcome. Drop in the RDX's 2.3 turbo and SH-AWD for a very interesting offering in between the STI/EVO and 335i/S4 market segments.

I'm LUVIN' it, this one's a keeper!
By 4 NIQUES

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Honda vehicle and what can I say? I love it. Driven a honda civic, honda accord and an acura RSX. Was going to buy a BMW or G35 but decided to stick with Honda quality and I am so glad I did. Bought the pearl white 2004 TSX, fog lights, tint and spoiler... what a beauty. All heads turn. I have had a recall on the headlamps, but I absolutely love the car (most of all it's made in Japan). The paint chips easily but I think Acura did a great job for a 4 cyl. luxury entry level sedan. Buy one, you won't regret it!

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage on the highway or on long trips, V-tech engine, good quality leather (not soft and mushy), tiptronic transmission, sporty appearance and performance for a 4 cyl. vehicle, most of all it's quiet and has easy and tight handling.

Suggested Improvements

Lots. For a vehicle of this price and class the following should be standard: full size spare, one touch roof, compass, memory seats, dual power seats/mirrors, auto door locks, rain sensor, track titles for MP3, steering wheel/gear shift illumination, 25 more HP, and more leg room in back.

I love it!
By Tim L.

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned the car for a week and I love it. It out-handles and out-performs any midsize sedan I've driven. I love the styling and my bright red exterior. The four cylinder has plenty of power to it plus good gas mileage. The manumatic transmission is fun to play with too. I am the envy of all of my friends. Dual climate control, heated seats, and supple leather define this car's interior. Great resale value too. All buttons and other features were learned in maybe 5 minutes.

Favorite Features

Sporty design, stock sway bar, chrome tipped exhaust, manumatic transmission, great trunk space, sporty ride, leather seats, exhaust note, huge redline.

Suggested Improvements

All are fixed by now. It needs stock fog lights, power passenger seat, air conditioned seats, a little more power for more umph, auto door locks, auto power on/off for lights. All of these are nit picky though and were fixed by 06.

TSXtasy
By TSXTASY

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car almost a year ago and needless to say, the only complaint I have is that I wish it had better/more cupholders. This car is money! I love it! Blissful blend of luxury, gas mileage, performance, and style. And to cap it off, it will be just as good at and beyond 100,000 miles (because technically it is a honda). Some claim it is lacking in power, but name another naturally aspirated, 4-door, 4-cylinder car that is comparable... there isn't one. Turbocharge it, and the product is a 4-door, 4-cylinder luxury car that is faster than an EVO or an STI except it already comes with a 6-speed! Great car, highly recommend it, that's why my license plate says "TSXTASY" (TS- ECSTASY).

Favorite Features

The DOHC VTEC engine, 6-speed manual transmission, sporty leather interior, in dash 6-disc changer, and the on-the-fly navigation (means you can mess with it while you drive and acura is the only company who offers this type of nav).

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a turbo option from the factory? (since the RDX is a similar engine that is turbocharged). Better/more cupholders ha ha.

A car for the entire family, outstanding
By Familyof5

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The perfect car for one seeking comfort, safety, luxury, performance, handling, fuel efficiency and reliability while proving to be exhilirating to drive. We were looking for a safe car which appealed to the entire family and the TSX is that car. The ideal car which you can drive to work daily (fuel efficiency) yet on the weekends as a luxury performance car. Safe car with Stability Control and front/side airbags. We would purchase this car again without question, no regrets. Outstanding quality and workmanship. Interior and exterior top notch, reflection of Acura (Honda) quality. We highly recommend that one test drive a TSX if searching for an outstanding compact; you will be pleased

Favorite Features

Stability control, side curtain airbags, CD changer, Xenon headlamps, firm handling, great performance for a 4 cyl yet fuel efficient, quiet engine, great shift points in transmission, interior design, manu-matic transmission, audio controls on steering wheel, the 'look' (stance). :)

Suggested Improvements

We have a 2004 TSX which does not have memory seating and lighted audio controls on the steering wheel. I understand they are now available on the TSX. Auto-on headlights would also be nice. Ability to burn regular fuel versus premium. All-wheel drive would be a welcomed addition.