Used 2007 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Acura kills fun
By Doug

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has done what I thought was impossible. It's taken the fun out of driving. Outward visibility is useless. It's like living/driving in a cave. The all-back interior is hearse-like and depressing. The transmission is wonky. It has an impossible-to-read mind of its own. The suspension. Don't get me started. It can't decide whether it's a sports car or a sedan. The gas mileage is horrible. Sitting at idle in heavy traffic, you can watch the needle on the gas gauge slip down, down, down. The HVAC controls are confusing.

Favorite Features

So far, no major quality or maintenance concerns.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap it. Start all over. I see the new models are in the showroom. I haven't bothered to look at them. My last Honda product -- ever.

Good for me
By bigmac

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased an '07 TL after owning 2 accords. Notable step up. Fit and finish is superb. Comfort is fine for a 6 footer. Performance is generally very good. Low speed torque / gearing can sometimes be annoying. Brakes are as smooth and quiet as any I've experienced. It does not handle like a race car, but it is not a race car. For its purpose and market, handling is fun and responsive. Mechanics and reliability after 22,000 miles is perfect. I do not share other writers' experiences with rattles. This car is well insulated. Not the first rattle in my experience. BTW, the sound system is great, but I do agree that the ipod jack is poorly located.

Favorite Features

style, fit & finish, mechanics and reliability, climate control system, sound system, electronics

Suggested Improvements

relocate ipod jack slap stick is a waste

Dont buy it
By JAY

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had high regards for acura but after owning one for almost 2 years, it is going down. Brakes were gone after only 15000 miles, Timing belt Idler pulley needs to be changed after only 20000 miles. Passenger side mirror clicks and every time it needs to be lubricated. My used car for years was not giving me any of these troubles. Rattles a lot. I only use car for fun, I don't drive it to work. I do no consider it as a luxury car and will not buy any Acuras in future and will recommend the same to family and friends.

Favorite Features

Navigation and music system.

Suggested Improvements

Chrome wheels, soft ride and better reliable quality overall.

Last Acura
By BK

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Acura (second TL - had an '04 before this), and sorry to say probably my last. My first two were great cars. This one, however, has had annoying problems. Most have been fixed by the dealership, but there is a noise coming from the brakes they have tried to fix 4 times and can't get it to go away for more than about 2 days at a time. We also have a 2008 Infiniti G35 and I am much happier with it, although I like the TL better on the highway; more comfort that sport. I am very disappointed that they can't isolate the noise that I hear ALL THE TIME.. fix it already! Every time I get in the car and hear the noise I shake may head and say to myself, "last Acura I will own.

Favorite Features

Touch screen navigation is one of the best out there - much better than the iDrive, still looks goods even though the style is 5 years old (and much better than the new style - what is that front end about!). Very comfortable for long road trips.

Suggested Improvements

After 8 years of driving Acuras my opinion is the build quality has gone down. My first Acura was as tight as a drum; I never had any problems. This one has been in the shop for "GM-type" repairs more times than I would like to count... at least they give me a loaner. Again, the last Acura I will own.

Acura TL 2007 - Awesome
By Speedy

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Our TL had a driver door rattle. Took dealer 4 hours to find problem and fix. The mirror was was hitting something inside the door and they put extra padding to fix. All warranty. Highway mileage is excellent for size and power. Likes to drive fast to get best mileage. To turn off AC - display must say AC OFF - not blank - you will get 5-10% better mileage. Hands Free - Although when moving - the road noise interferes with its operation.

Favorite Features

Power - handling - perforated leather (my wife) - Hands Free - Homelink - interior quality

Suggested Improvements

Hands Free - when moving - the road noise interferes with its operation. Acura needs to work on this.