2007 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Follow-up - 2007 vs 2006 review (1/6/07)
By JR on 11/28/07 19:57 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With 12,000 miles on the TL: Good points - the car runs better now - improvements in both gas mileage (31 MPG straight highway trip) and a smoother shifting transmission (too much shift shock before). Bad points - the car developed various squeaks and rattles over the last 11 months - glovebox, center speaker, driver vent, instrument cluster, etc. - most of them now fixed. The colder weather has brought an annoying driver's door & window rattle. The interior headliner (roof) was replaced twice due to its two layers separating. Also, knowing the Acura service department employees on a first name basis is getting old. I prefer just oil change visits like with my previous 2 Acuras.

Good for the price
By rich1950 on 11/18/07 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fast and stylish, great interior and sound system.

A Nice "Sporty Sedan"
By RBSC on 11/06/07 10:04 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After 10 yrs and 145,000 mi I sold my 528 BMW for a TL. First things first IMO the BMW E39 is superior to the TL in all dynamic driving categories period. But having said that the TL is still a very fine car. Reasonably quick, stylish, comfortable, quiet (no rattles here) and good gas mileage (got almost 31 mpg on our last trip). But the TL does have issues. First is the transmission, under normal everyday driving it's flawless but try some spirited driving and it's slow to kick down and the computer gets confused hunting for the right gear. Second is the suspension, it's jittery and on less than smooth roads the front will bounce, this is not a good thing, especially in a 'sports sedan'.

Review of 2007 Acura TL Base Model
By Gordon on 09/28/07 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I was looking for a new car, I compared the G35, IS 250, Toyota Avalon, and the TL with each other. The thing I really liked best was that the things I really wanted (multi-CD changer, moonroof, leather) all come standard with the TL. I have had the car now for 3 months and I am really enjoying driving it. Although not as much horsepower as the S-Type, it is the most powerful car I have owned. I'm surprised I have not been pulled over yet. This is the first car I have owned that I have hit 100+ MPH with! I love the interior of the car with the black leather pretty much throughout. I like having the audio controls on the steering wheel.

TL is Just a Great Car
By GovJohn on 09/22/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had been driving a Volvo S60 and had nothing but problems with it and was debating between TL and BMW 328. My buddy went with BMW and I went with TL. I made the right choice. Although it does not handle quite as sporty as the BMW, it will go when you need it to go. The everything standard interior is where it blows away the competition (especially the BMW). Compare standard package on a TL and then add them as options to everything else in its class and money makes it an easy decision. It is roomy, the sound system is great, and all controls are very easy to use. If this is the way Acura makes all its cars, I will be loyal for a long time.

Wonderful car to Own
By mustangkay1 on 09/05/07 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an excellent car. They handle well, drive wonderfully and are just great all around. I traded in a 2005 mustang for the Acura and it suprised me with speed, comfort, and looks. I love Acura!!

Perfectly balanced package for the money
By eb_tldriver on 08/31/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I first noticed theTL for its super sharp looks. It looks and drives like a very well equipped sports sedan rather than a rich person's silver-metallic luxury car. I read (all very favorable) reviews, and then I test drove it. I loved driving it. I liked how Acura put together such a great handling, well performing, excellently equipped car in one decently priced and sharp looking package. I like that the car does not look too showy, but that you get the real pleasure from it by actually driving it and from all of the fantastic features packed with it. I have automatic, but I drive it on sportshift. It absolutely feels like the manual shifter.

Great value
By happygirl on 08/21/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the TL for overall value. It has a nice ride but I wish that the shifting were a bit smoother. Love the exterior design. The car has a lot of features and the switches and controls seem to be all in the right places except for the MP3 plug which is inside the armrest console, making it awkward to control. Nice sound system and easy to use navi system. Heard about rattling problem with hondas/acuras but haven't noticed it - lucky for a nice stereo system so i'll just crank it up!! The low fuel warning is a bit annoying since it comes on with 4 gallons to go. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with the car so far!

I love Acuras
By Patrea Pabst on 08/17/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving a 1999 Acura TL with 230,000 miles. Great car, reliable, high performance, comfortable. Went same place for a replacement (kids get old car, still running great). Wish it had darker interior, better rear visibility, more comfortable seat for shorter driver (5'3") and better gas mileage but can't fault anything else. Co-workers very envious. Love the sound system, navigation, maintenance features.

Great Car for the Value
By BWS on 08/13/07 22:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was mocked by co-workers for having a soccer mom car. Test drove Lexus IS 250 and BMW 3 Series and while the latter two had great reviews and drove well, the TL hands down feels more like it. For being a Honda it drove like a champ. I guess I got my mojo back with this ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.