Used 2007 Acura TL Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

My 3rd Acura and the last one
By inunez

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Is my third Acura and i never going to buy another one. I purschase the Tl 2007 new. 1. Dash crack. 2. Power steering leak. 3. Transmission problem. 4. Electrical problem.

Good to Be Back
By carpark

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2005 TL and sold it after 3-years and 50,000 miles to try a hybrid. I know, totally different type of vehicle. Anyway I missed the TL so recently purchased a used 2007 and fell in love again. Have owned four Acura's, a Lexus and Volvo but keep coming back to Acura. My experience with Honda products has been excellent and the TL provides a solid, fun to drive and reliable driving experience. Admittedly not as blisteringly fast and tight in the corners as my brothers 540 BMW, but at less than half the price I still get a great car for in town, the highway and back roads.

Favorite Features

Clean lines and simple controls in the interior. Smooth V-6. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, especially with the current replacement tires the dealership installed.

I miss my Grand Prix's smooth transmission...
By whiterabbit79

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped around quite a bit before finally choosing the TL. I was looking for a reliable, sporty sedan that wouldn't put me in the poor house. It turns out there aren't very many options that fit this bill. Almost none, actually. I had originally been shopping for a new car, but I started to consider certified used cars when I ran out of options and started looking to luxury brands for possibilities. I bought my TL 1.5 years ago, and while I do have some complaints, overall I'm very happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

Sporty? Check. Reliable? Check. This car is a blast to drive (for the most part*). Also, she just hit 50,000 miles, and she's still as solid and reliable as the day I bought her. The stereo system is second to none - I've been known to linger in my car listening to music. She's very comfortable - and she's also my first luxury car, so I'm still tickled by all the bells and whistles. And for those who still haven't found it - the iPod/iPhone jack is hiding at the bottom of the armrest storage compartment. Also, I love the styling of the car. I'm very disappointed by the redesign - reminds me more of a Cadillac. If they don't revert back, I'll be looking elsewhere when it's time to trade.

Suggested Improvements

*WHAT is going on with the transmission?!? The herky-jerkiness is super irritating, and the sudden down-shifting whenever I try to "coast" is jarring and ruins part of the driving experience for me. Like another poster, I used to drive a Grand Prix, and its transmission was smooth as butter - maybe my bar is set too high?? Also, steering at low speeds requires far too much effort. And as a city dweller, I stand by my right to complain about the fact that the car has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. Lastly, the car doesn't chime if I leave a cabin light on when I leave - I caught myself once, and I wonder if one day I'll return to a drained battery. (Time to refer to the manual!)

Good but
By frazbmw

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

While I loved the interior of this car I had a hard time getting over the clunkyness of the automatic transmission. The turning radius is terrible! I drove other TLs to see if perhaps there was a tranny issue with my car or just part of the animal, they all seemed to be the same. I may be being a little picky. As far as the interior goes it's comfortable and spacious. The car was great to drive on the highway!

Favorite Features

Interior, value, reliability, highway mpg

Suggested Improvements

Transmission shifts, turning radius

07' Acura TL base review
By theshawn

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a CPO w/46k miles, I've only had it two weeks but I can tell one thing, this car is the most car for the money if you want to move a bit upscale without breaking the bank. Nice handling, good mpg for a V6 and one of the best stock stereo systems I've ever heard. Great standard features, and a firm but compliant ride. I will definitely consider this model again in a few years, plus you get Honda reliability to boot. I thought I loved the care I sold to buy this one (Nissan Maxima), but now I have a new love in my life. :)

Favorite Features

Stereo, smooth engine and transmission upshifts, good mpg for V6, exterior styling, interior layout and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Window hard to maneuver into a specific spot on driver door when trying to leave it open for venting purposes. Transmission down shifts lightly abrupt when coming to stop, nothing serious, just noticeable at times, it's kind of like driving a manual and you downshift a bit early. Add remote start.