2018 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Good Swedish Car
By P Folger

2018 Volvo XC60 T8 R-Design Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

It is an expensive car, but after being 500 miles into it I like it. Still have not mastered all that came with it, no hurry. Did my 1st month of almost 500 miles, plugged gnat home, plugged in at office, 10 gallons.

Really want to like this car but cannot
By DJMSN

2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought this car almost 1 yr ago and I have had it back in the shop 3 times already for repairs. The car is driven daily already has close to 13500 miles so I have definitely broken it in and spent lots of time in this vehicle. I have to admit this car was not my first choice. I wanted a Honda CRV. I traded a 2004 Honda CRV with over 160K miles for this suv. I never had any issues with that car or my Honda before that one. One major complaint is the lack of an owner's manual. The manual is in the car's infotainment system or you have to download it to a phone or other device. This is really inconvenient, especially when experiencing a problem. Twice I experienced turn signal and windshield wiper malfunctions. Warnings were popping up in the center console and the infotainment system (and don't get me started on how cumbersome that is to operate). Neither functions operated so makes vehicle unable to be operated in any precipitation. Very scary to drive when you have 3 children in the car and losing functions. Also received a battery failure warning on the first occasion. 1st time back to the dealership they had to wipe the computer clean and download all the software again. Took hrs. Was promised car fixed. 2nd time (yesterday) they replaced the turn signal and wiper module which was defective. Took hrs. Was promised was fixed. We shall see. It is sad when you carry a towel in the car to wipe mist, etc off you windshield. The dealer showed me pages of error codes that were downloaded from the car from malfunctions. I think there is another problem with the computer because now it is taking a long time to load the instrument panel. Also seem to be getting strange images showing up on screen. Hard to describe. The nav updates constantly and that was also fixed yesterday by re-downloading the software. Dealer said it was stuck in a downloading loop. The nav is terrible, we call it the crazy gps because it sends us all over the place. I hook up the android auto and use google gps instead. 12V power outlet in front center console already blew a fuse. Never had that happen in any vehicle I have ever owned. Door trim on driver's side passenger door replaced due to manufacturing defect. I have begun taking pictures and videos of malfunction warnings and irregularities have been experiencing. So I have documentation of all issues. So far everything covered under warranty but worried about future. Had high hopes and expectations for this suv but I already want to get rid of the vehicle.

Great High Tech suv.
By John Denver

2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Leased a T6 Inscription with the Advance pkg in mid june 2018, after driving it Vs the Merc GLC, Jag E pace, BMW X3, & Porche Macan. Didnt even bother testing the made in mexico Audi Q5.
Far & Away, the Volvo T6 hp, torque, and highway passing performance are all superior to the other base engine suvs I tested, & at only a modest price premium for the very impressive T6 engine, which I average 24mpg here in Denver.

I’m a tablet pc user, so I really enjoy the intuitive, in dash, touch screen on the volvo, and the Heads up Display for speed & nav. Only the jag was similar. The Porche Macan is a low tech, dated suv, & very disappointing as a result. My 2nd choice was the Merc GLC which is a close 2nd to the XC60 performance wise, but it can’t match the high tech in the Volvo, and could not take a class 3 trailer hitch like the volvo can.

My only knocks on the volvo are minor, ie Boot time for the screen needs to be faster, Bliss doesn’t work with my bike on the trailer rack, The engine stop/start can’t be turned off indefinitely,
Wiper switches are overly sensitive to accidental activation, sun screen is too big & slow to operate, Handling wise the car is at least 200lbs too heavy & tends to plow into corners on twisting mtn roads, and the highway collision avoidance system is a bit over sensitive at high speeds of 75+ mph.

This is my first volvo car, and overall I’ve found it to be a great suv with a lot of value due to it’s balance of doing so many things well vs the competition.

C View
By Constance Truitt

2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Really Nice Vehicle.

Waited a long time
By Franks4Cats

2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

I waited a long time to purchase a new vehicle because I wanted more horsepower than was available at the time. I'm very happy with the power and the upgrades that came with it