2018 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

C View
By Constance Truitt

2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Really Nice Vehicle.

Waited a long time
By Franks4Cats

2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

I waited a long time to purchase a new vehicle because I wanted more horsepower than was available at the time. I'm very happy with the power and the upgrades that came with it

Disappointed
By MINK70

2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

This is a follow-up to a prior review. We now are almost 7 months and 6,000 miles into ownership. While the seats felt comfortable at first, one round trip of 4 hours each way left my wife aching all over. The headrest is fixed. For some it will throw the head forward and for others the gap between back seat and headrest causes upper shoulder and neck fatigue. The seat bottom bolsters also are pronounced and fairly stiff. These headrest and seat features have caused my wife such significant hip and neck pain that she is seeing a physical therapist and has required her to switch to driving my Audi A6. I now have been assigned to the XC60 which was not my choice of vehicles.
Until just recently we had yet to get over 24 mpg on a trip, and the city mileage rarely exceeded 15 mpg. I got 28.9 on a recent 150 mile round trip by letting the cruise control etc essentially drive the car.
Access to surround camera for parking is cumbersome, as it does not engage automatically even if the car is in reverse. (Audi has a split screen) In many circumstances we need to stop the vehicle, put it in neutral, slide the screen, find the camera icon and then touch the 360 icon. Setting destinations remains hit or miss, though the Bluetooth interface with our iPhones is very good. I am still wondering whether future info system updates will improve visual effects and function. No promises have been made by dealer.
We have thought of selling the car to buy or trading for another brand with more comfortable seats. Those options are out of the question because we’d take too big a financial hit off the price paid for the XC60. Our experience is that the more comfortably riding SUVs or Crossovers either do not have some of the safety and convenience features we want, or truly are not comparable or have not been given very good owner ratings.
So, my wife and I decided to keep the XC60 for at least a couple years, switch cars to break in the seats for a period the seats can be better broken in.

All you could ask for in a compact suv
By Jim McCandless

2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Nothing better than driving a new car every few years. I have been leasing for the past 20 or so years and the new Volvo is the one that I will buy after this lease is up. My choice was the T5 Inscription and I am not disappointed with this suv.

Voice control
By Alan Makowsky

2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

My CX60 voice navigation does not work for iPo. My dealer agreed and started a case with Volvo. Volvo now said that’s how it works. so when I say poi and the car asks what song I would like. when I say I am hungry it brings ud sites in another state. To go to fm radio you need to know the call letters of a station or frequency. A few times I said go to a addres. It did not work. When I had a chance to stop and go into the settings it was set for New Mexico.But Volvo says that’s how it works.