2017 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Consistently great, Brooks Bros like no other
By F. Knight

2017 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Comfortable, sizeable, yet very nimble

Beautiful Mid-size SUV. Cargo area is great.
By Kwok Chong

2017 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Great performance and smooth ride. If you need 3 row seats, you need to pick the bigger brother XC90.

I had such high hopes....
By Nicole

2017 Volvo XC60 T5 Dynamic 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

1500 miles driven so far...encountered three issues (all were "reset" by turning the car on and off again.) First, the power lock on the driver side door decided not to function one day, but hasn't repeated yet. During a heavy rain, the auto folding mirrors would not fold back out after turning the car on and off several times. It later reset after being parked for an hour and I was told by the dealer to push the left and right mirror command buttons at the same time which should cause the mirrors to fold out if they are stuck. Best of all, I believe the parking break malfunctioned, triggering the check engine light to come on and the car to be undriveable. After I safely rolled into a parking lot and turned the care off and on it appears to be fixed for the time being. I'll be making my first trip to the service department before I make my second car payment! There are some good things: Acceleration is great for a 4 cylinder and size of the car; Tons of cargo space + panoramic sun roof made for some luxury car camping; Very comfortable (and great gas mileage at about 30 mpg) on a 8 hour road trip; Bluetooth integration is fairly seamless (wishing the car had apple play) and the navigation system has a very nice feature where the next turn displays in the instrument panel so you don't have to keep looking back at the screen. There are many things I really love about this car, but the reliability issues have me feeling pretty disappointed. I'm glad I leased.

Great road trip suv
By floyd t golden IIII

2017 Volvo XC60 T5 Dynamic 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a capable suv with great technology and exceptional seats, but the ride is so stiff, on the freeway its alot better, as is the gas mileage I would recommend this as a alternative to the other suvs, its unique. im currently in a 3yr lease and I think im going to keep it. i came out of a s40 with a stiff suspension this is a little worse. My one gripe is i wish the inscription had the dynamic seats but i did not want all the shiny bits the wood enlay
is much nicer. I'll live with it. this is a very comfy suv, and i received such a great deal.

After 1300 miles, learning more about my XC60
By Steve Fox

2017 Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just completed first couple of long trips .... so now willing to document my thoughts on my new 2017 XC60 (last year of the generation).
Pro's: a) seats are really comfortable (this is a renowned attribute, but I can confirm); b) fuel economy is decent (averaging 25mpg so far); c) plenty of good features (heated steering wheel, ability to start the car from my iPhone etc). d) build quality seems good - nice thunk when closing door etc. Con's: a) handling is just OK; b) heated front windshield has annoyingly visible heating wires; c) infotainment and instrument panel is definitely showing it's age ... one example, no ability to see phone messages; no ability to change speed display to km/h (would have been useful when driving to Montreal)