Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used 960 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
    5 out of 5 stars

Happy original owner

moondog14, 08/06/2014
    4dr Wagon

Bought new end of '92 and presently have 141,000 miles. By far finest of 4 Volvo wagons owned incl. 240/760/V70AWD (2001 w/tranny probs @ 90,000 mi still own). Independent shop signed off on timing belt change at 60,000mi. but failed to do-failed at 65,000 mi. and they made good $5k eng. rebuild at dealer. Fabulous highway car with 25mpg fully loaded and lots of pep in town. Only very minor maint. issues since. If you can find a nice clean one-grab it!

Sorry to see it go

4mykids, 08/31/2004
    4dr Wagon

I now understand why people say once a Volvo owner, always a Volvo owner! I had this wagon for over 10 years and I loved everything about it. It was very easy to maintain and I never had unreasonable mechanical problems. It has excellent acceleration and control. I always felt VERY safe in it. I used it for carpool for my three kids, and three neighborhood children, who loved the rear-facing seat and who all fit nicely...until now. That is the reason we finally got a new car. The rear seat is a bit small for the pre-teen and teenagers!

4.75 out of 5 stars

mechanics

Michael, 10/07/2002

Not many knowlegebale mechanics INCLUDING DEALERS STAFF

4.25 out of 5 stars

Good solid car

riding, 08/21/2003
    4dr Wagon

The car has been very stable and solid and has handled well in snow and bad weather. However my wife was driving the car one time and aquaplaned into a tree and had light damage but nothing serious. I have put in a mix of 1 tank premium to two tanks of regular gas and has run well. I have the larger motor and pull a trailer behind it with no problem, so I would highly recommend it as a good work horse of a family vehicle. I find that changing the timing belt aftr every 40K miles excessive but that is the only negative thing about it.

Great

bigballa, 01/09/2004
    4dr Wagon

a great all around car fun car plenty of horses and comfortable one of teh best volvos ever built