2014 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Typical VW. No response to hel

2014 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

V6 SEL Premium Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Automated Manual)

Typical VW. No response to help or to reach out.
By wniece on

2014 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I have owned 5 VW's in the past and this is my 6th and the last! Right from the start the back window had to be replaced because it was warped, bubbled and defective. Over a week in the shop. The Fender sound system is great but the top bar under the windshield cracks and rattles detracting from the sound. 3x times trying to fix that. The suspension crashes and bangs over bumps - going in for the fourth time to fix that! And, now the steering rack and column was defective - 13 days in the shop! And, what's up with styrofoam foam under the front passenger seat, foam packing in the trunk hinges?? Numerous rattles and creaks from the interior. What happened VW? Extremely disappointed. Stay away

• Climate control
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By wniece
on 08/23/14 06:13 AM (PDT)

I know it does sound a little far fetched. But, I have all the documentation and repairs from VW. I am currently fighting with VW corporate about the issues and the car. VW corporate has been just about as bad as the car! Trust me after owning 6 VW's, this has not been what I had expected but VW Corporate could care less!

By wniece
on 09/07/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

It doesn't stop there either. Still having issues with the car. I have all the records including paperwork, phone calls and all other hassles involved from renting a car etc. VW has taken a nonchalant attitude towards the whole thing. I would not recommend a VW to my worst enemy!

By jon368
on 08/11/14 13:47 PM (PDT)

Ok dude, this sounds a little far fetched. a 2014 model with all of these problems? I have a 2014 Passat myself that needed a new windshield because of dealer error (someone scratched it, it happens)...but the rest of what you are talking about sounds like more online VW-hating and chest beating.

By sp1
on 11/04/14 05:41 AM (PST)

Why don't you submit a lemon law complaint? Each state law varies, but mine considers it a lemon if a car needs to be repaired for the same issue more than three times, or is in the shop for more than 30 days in total, within the first year of ownership. You should also ask VWOA for compensation for your time and trouble. I did that with BMW USA several times when my car experienced several fuel pump failures.